radio deletes- radio blck off plates?

barbee6043

Reaction score
just wondering if any of the super coupes came radio delete???

I , for one tend to do this with my A bodies, ie dusters....

volare 77

Reaction score
Many F bodies came without a radio. Some dealers would order the cars without radios and add them later. You would have to replace the whole dash bezel. 3593732 is the part number for the a/c woodgrain radio delete bezel. arizona parts shows they have one. I would imagine yours is the silver bezel though?

Last edited:

barbee6043

Reaction score
actually the car i have is a 79 Volare Special edition, it has a perfect dash, but I have a couple of NOS black block off plates. # 4220482
I have considered deleting the radio, I have 2 , so I could maybe sell the second one off if anyone has an interest.

volare 77

Reaction score
The block off plates must have been used on later vehicles(maybe 82 up) as the volare and aspen as far as I know the dash bezel and block off are all one piece.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The block off plates will work fine – but F-bodies did not come with them (they used a different faceplate for radio delete).

The block off plates fit/came on just about everything else, though.
BudW

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
The Dodge Super Coupe in my local salvage yard has a radio delete bezel laying inside. Fender button is long gone but the A-pillar antenna hole wasn't knocked out so I figure it's legit. It was one of the HTF column shift cars too. They also made radio delete Street Kit Cars.

barbee6043

Reaction score
Many F bodies came without a radio. Some dealers would order the cars without radios and add them later. You would have to replace the whole dash bezel. 3593732 is the part number for the a/c woodgrain radio delete bezel. arizona parts shows they have one. I would imagine yours is the silver bezel though?

bezels I have are just black plastic with that part number.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
My ’77 station wagon was a radio delete car, with a dealer-installed AM/FM radio.

The dealer didn’t install the ground cable going to radio – so radio was grounding via the radio lamp (when dash lights were off). Turn the dash lights were on – and instantly, the radio pops, then quits.

I installed the “never installed” ground cable - and all works as designed, now.

Personally, I think it would have been cheaper to leave the dash bezels the same and just install the above mentioned radio delete plate - but for some reason, Chrysler didn't do it for F-bodies.
BudW

Back