Rear Window Pedestal Light

Justwondering

Reaction score
I have a problem.
IMG_3892.jpg

This was the rattle at the back of the car. The third brake light (pedestal) that sits on the rear deck in the back window. The bulb assembly is part of the reflector base and it has busted in half. The top of the yellow part on the right is where the plug goes for electric.

Where might I get a replacement or do I need to figure out how to retrofit this unit with an led solution and new plug?

I'll be lowering the wattage on the bulb since it looks like it overheated and bubbled the reflector interior and heat damaged the socket to make it brittle.

David Clark

Reaction score
Will the one off a 87 5th Avenue Fit?? Right now, currently, I am considering Using that 87 5th I just picked up for 20 bucks with the front end damage (Not the Dippy) as a Donor Car for the 318 for the Aspen. I'll make a decision by Tomorrow, but if that 4rd light in the 5th Will Fit, your welcome to it.

Justwondering

Reaction score
LOLOLOL...
I have an 87 fifth avenue. Pretty sure it will fit.
I'm in no rush. I was thinking of reworking the pedestal to use an LED, but thought I'd check on the state of third brake lights.

Still working on the interior trim and there is a thunking coming from the driver side wheel well. Shocks, ball joints, sway bar link, wheel bearings, calipers.... something is hinky. So the car is off the street til I figure it out and fix it.

David Clark

Reaction score
Well, I'm still not sure if I wanna Fix or Part out the 5th. Right now I can't afford to fix it but it just sitting there until I can afford to fix it isn't a problem really either. Bad enough I need one header panel eventually for the Dippy, but if I fix the 5th (which would be a shame not to really, considering it's shape) that would be 2 header panels I need LOL. UGH. Decisions Decisions.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Use the foamboard for the header board. Cover it with felt. Cover the felt with the header fabric. Much Much cheaper and less stressful than working with the 25 year old fiberglass header board.
--- Post updated ---
I'm thinking I'll try an electroluminescent panel and change out the plug. But, its a low priority right now. Will keep marty in mind.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The Diplomat and Gran Fury shares the same 3rd brake lamp part number ( 0H202EK1 ).
The 5th Ave uses another part number (a different angle of glass)( 0H201EK1 ).

BudW

Back