Rebuilding Front End for 77 Volare Wagon

Leizurtime

Reaction score
Going all moog, the car is equipped with a 318 V8. I have everything else mapped out, but can anyone tell me the diameter for the front stabilizer bar? Is it 1 1/8?

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
Are you up-grading the bar?

There is some scuttlebutt over on FABO about Moogs quality going down hill. You might want to check it out; something about the lower BJ balls popping out of their arms. They do offer a solution, with a NorthAmerican supplier. I forget the name.

Leizurtime

Reaction score
Are you up-grading the bar?

There is some scuttlebutt over on FABO about Moogs quality going down hill. You might want to check it out; something about the lower BJ balls popping out of their arms. They do offer a solution, with a NorthAmerican supplier. I forget the name.

Yes, just replacing its bushings and links.

Wow, now you tell me and they just shipped today. Indeed there is quite a bit of hub bub about Moogs ball joint failures. This apparently has been attributed to their out sourcing to other countries who have lesser quality controls and impurities in their materials. It seems most people don't have a problem with the products manufactured right here in the U.S.. I found this on dippy.org

Moog parts

An inquiry was made to Moog about specific part #s and apparently the ball joints I ordered are manufactured here in the states. This helps me breath a minor sigh of relief, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though. :confused:

LSM360

Reaction score
I was the thread starter on that one. So far so good on those parts, other than a dust boot cracking and falling off. That's been a problem now with Moog. I had to replace it with an old one I had around. But no failures on the Moog balljoints or 11/16th tie rods on the car so thumps up :)

Leizurtime

Reaction score
Woosh! Well that makes me breath a sigh of relief. Just received the rest of the parts today.

IMG_2399.JPG

There are some parts marked Made in Mexico, but the all the ball joints are stamped "Made in USA."

IMG_2396.JPG

And did I mention, I got a steering gear?

IMG_2402.JPG

And KYB Gas Adjusts all around?

IMG_2401.JPG

Back