Record numbers new members

slant6billy

Reaction score
Man O Man so many new members lately, my head is spinning. I have not been able to welcome each one individually so A welcome to you all. This is a really great group of folks and awesome site.

Grandmas84

Reaction score
Ive been linking a lot of stuff from here and the dippy forum on the fmj and r body facebook group. Mayby that's helped with the new members.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I think most of these new members are trolls, or robo members. Their introduction posts are all quite boiler plate, and you never hear from them after the initial post.

I gave up welcoming them, unless I saw real signs of life like multiple posts, or a lot of pictures pertaining to items of interest to the community.

Speaking of bad things on the web: I have received several security announcements through my cyber security contacts that Rock Auto's site has been hacked several times in the last six months, and the security breach has led to loss of customer data. A number of customers have allegedly suffered identity theft directly related back to these breaches.

Be safe out there on the Net folks.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
There's a lot of flyby's. Folks just being curious and yes there are bots but that's the nature of a forum.

Realistically if 20 members signs up and one good guy stays then you've done pretty well.

David Clark

Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed just in the short time I have been here, that a lot of the New Guys aren't sticking around. Oh well, those of us that do stick around are a bunch of GREAT Guys and all willing to lend a helpful hand when we can.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Not being a long time member but, a fine lurker! I"ve wondered how the new members got the "Introducing new member" All I did was join up and post, and hoped I didn't break any rules.
I noticed all the new ones too and thought what a great place to have joined!!

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's another car site I'm a member of (not Aspen and Volare) and if you look at the member count it's like 600+ yet, only a handful ever post on a regular basis, some only sporadically a couple times a year and some I don't think have ever made a single post period other than maybe one in the Welcome Wagon section. Then there are those that used to be on all the time and suddenly just vanish, never to be heard from again. No bots either, there are conditions to join the site and that makes bots, trolls and spammers impossible. Why join a site if you're never going to participate is my thought.

efriedrich

Reaction score
I'm not a big poster but I am a little leery by all the new membership. Very few pictures, not lot of posting, why troll us...

Justwondering

Reaction score
Joining but not posting.
I joined several different sites and didn't post for the longest time. Just lurked.

My different viewpoint ....
Some of the sites are not kind to newbies. Either don't answer them or talk down to them in the answer. Kind of like - you moron, how could you not know that.

Some of the sites are not kind to women. Either don't answer them or most of the responses have some lewd remark or get off track down the highway of disgust.

Don't get me wrong....
All that is fine in moderation. But this forum and the other's that you guys run (forabc.fmj.trucks.only etc) have all been very helpful to those of us just learning about wrenching and your wenching comments aren't demeaning.

I'll admit I don't get the fascination since I carry around tits 24/7. But, I also can appreciate a fine pair... although I prefer them much lower and closer together than you guys. And thats enough of that topic.

David Clark

Reaction score
I can relate, Been a Member of Lots of Cars Forums and the FMJ Bodys one is by far the best, The For A and B Bodies Forums I have noticed is a lot like the Ones you mention that are not great for Newbies. You ask a question, get 1000 views on it said question, but no one can seem to answer them when it comes to most newbies. Not all, but most of the time I see that. Too Many people trying to be Self Appointed Experts on everything too. And most of the time, Everyone Never Remembers when THEY were a NEWBIE too. NO ONE was born knowing everything they know about Cars now, They all had to learn it too. One of the reasons I try to be as Kind to Newbies as I possibly Can, because hey, You piss them off or scare them away, and then they are gone.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I hear ya.
I lurked on many diesel forums until I found the one that worked for me and that white ford dually.

Never found a chevy forum I like for the 4wd silverado.

Spent some time on forcbodyonly forum but just lurked. Was thinking that I have a 1961, 1987, 1997, 2000, and 2015 (tractor) so I oughta get a 197x vehicle but figured since I was just window shopping I didn't need to bother folks just yet.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Guess I've been on a couple sites like that in the past. Dakota-Durango (because my DD is a '96 Dakota) and eventually gave up because I couldn't stand all the arguing and putting down, insults, etc that I kept reading on there. None to me personally but still. I always try to stick with the thought that you don't post anything on-line that you wouldn't say to the person face to face. Maybe I'm just too nice and easy going type of guy but that's my stand I'm sticking to it!
Was on Mopar Muscle for awhile but got the feeling that if you didn't own an A-B or E body you weren't welcome. You know, like an F (or M and J) body isn't a "real" Mopar.

Most times it all comes down to the people in charge. If they have rules AND enforce them, it's usually a good site to be on. If a member gets out of line too many times they get banned. One site I'm on you get one warning, the second time and you're gone which keeps it a very comfortable site to be on. Only "insults" or the like are strictly in fun and everyone knows it. Kind of like this one!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Guess I've been on a couple sites like that in the past. Dakota-Durango (because my DD is a '96 Dakota) and eventually gave up because I couldn't stand all the arguing and putting down, insults, etc that I kept reading on there. None to me personally but still. I always try to stick with the thought that you don't post anything on-line that you wouldn't say to the person face to face. Maybe I'm just too nice and easy going type of guy but that's my stand I'm sticking to it!
Was on Mopar Muscle for awhile but got the feeling that if you didn't own an A-B or E body you weren't welcome. You know, like an F (or M and J) body isn't a "real" Mopar.

Most times it all comes down to the people in charge. If they have rules AND enforce them, it's usually a good site to be on. If a member gets out of line too many times they get banned. One site I'm on you get one warning, the second time and you're gone which keeps it a very comfortable site to be on. Only "insults" or the like are strictly in fun and everyone knows it. Kind of like this one!

Personally I don't mind debate or a little playful banter. But anyone insults or gets nasty with a member and you are shown the door pretty quickly.

I am not nor do I ever claim to be an expert by any stretch. I love this place because I learn from great people who know more than me. That's what it's supposed to be all about isn't it?

slant6billy

Reaction score
Personally I don't mind debate or a little playful banter. But anyone insults or gets nasty with a member and you are shown the door pretty quickly.

I am not nor do I ever claim to be an expert by any stretch. I love this place because I learn from great people who know more than me. That's what it's supposed to be all about isn't it?
I figure my dad has been gone 12 years now. I only had grabbed granules of his knowledge. Without the vast knowledge of the members of this forum, that one man could never possess, me and others would be hitting our heads quite often in our quest to get our mopars going. Once disrespected little siblings of Chargers, cudas, and GTXs........ the F bodied mopar, along with M and J is coming into its own. I was in a gathering last night with GM numbers high and 20 mustangs. One 69 rag topped roadrunner. Both old and young were drawn to my Volare'. Only my coworkers 68 camaro with an LS 6.0 and 6 speed had as much draw. I mean I was next to a 427 vette and he had no draw. More and more the FMJ mopar will be the affordable platform for the enthusiast. I'm trying to get the local evening news out to the next ice cream cruise. Our local networks have some real attractive out on the town reporters (female type). I like to throw keys in the hands of reporters in skirts...... for the exclusive on what an FMJ mopar is

Justwondering

Reaction score
Its great to toss them the keys and sit in the passenger seat when they start out on the highway. Then they grin and their eyes get bigger and they realize what they've been missing driving their suv/jelly bean.

Back