Rickenbacker 325C58 parts

My imp

Reaction score
Greetings one & all,
While totally off the subject, I was wondering if anyone has a line on some VERY exclusive guitar parts? I had my Rickenbacker 325C58 apart for some mod's (Bigsby B-5, dog bone bridge, & all other Lennon mod's), when my wife mistook them for garbage (Holy snappin arseholes Batman!!!), and threw them out! I have replaced many of the parts, however I am in need of (3) '50's vintage toaster style pick ups. These are the flat back (no pole pieces extending from the back of the pick up) style. Also needed is the gold pick guard with (4) pot, (1) switch hole, and (5) mounting holes.
Thank you, Larry

My imp

Reaction score
Yes she is. Tried that, don't have the old parts to trade in. It's not like I want the truss rod cover, I only want the pick guard! Ever since John Hall Jr took over, everything about Ric has gone to hell & back. I talked to him about a one off similar to the Suzanna Hoffs model. He said they don't do stuff like that any more. I said it's all existing parts, what's the big deal? They only do runs of 250 or more, so if I wanted one to get 249 of my best friends to order one also, & he'd be happy to sell me one for . As well as all of the NOS parts ('66 Grover Sta-Tites, '65 Bigsby, CTS vintage pot's, switchcraft selector switch, & input jack), all the original parts including the Kauffman Vibrola were in with ALL the parts that were removed when I filled the holes & re-finished the guitar! I still have a major red *ss about this! Try to find a picture of Lennon w/o that guitar, every Beatle song before '64 (other than the Gibson acoustic stuff) was done on that guitar. It sounds nothing like the other Ric's, including the 325V64 Miami. I have a 350V63, & a 350-12 as well, but my "Lil' Ricky" (4/5 th's scale) is my fave to the full scale 350's. That 12 IS my fave! Listen to "Ticket to Ride", he did that on his 325-12 (another one that requires 249 of my best friends!). It sounds like no other Beatle song with 12 string on it. I just bought a broken pick up off eBay with the poles sticking out the bottom. I'm going to try & freeze it & then use a cut off wheel to cut the poles off ( I don't want to melt the wax, or insulation off the wire) to see if they'll clear the strings. I purchased (3) aftermarket pick ups out of the UK that are to tall. The guy who sold me the truss rod cover wants $800 for the pick ups he stripped out of one! And no he won't give me a discount if I provide my own wig & lipstick! My only other choice is to route the body for 0030 vintage toaster pickups. The part # is 0033 for the ones I need. Thanks for the Ric forum address. larry

Back