Ring gear teeth and starter teeth

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi,

I am not new to cars but I am new to changing them around, I normally unbolt and bolt what ever it was back on again. I have bought an engine and trans but it was split and didn't come with all the bits. I did a search on the forum but didn't turn up my answer.

I have bought a mini starter, it has 10 teeth, my ring gear has 122 teeth, are they going to mesh together all ok.

Mopar Chrysler Dodge Mini Reman Starter High Torque

My Cordoba is going from a 318 to mild 360, from a 7.25" 2.2:1 to a 8.25" 3.21:1" the trans is going from a lockup 904 to a non lock up 904 with small stall. So she is getting a complete heart and lung transplant! She is also getting heavy power steer gear, firm feel top A arms and solid body mounts, addco front/rear sway bars. I will make my iso deletes out of some flat steel, looks easy to do, cut and drill some holes.

Anyway I am building my car to be the car Chrysler should have always built. Then when its all done I am going to paint it in 2k light blue and use it as my everyday driver as I see no point in spending all this money and driving it a couple times a year, if I die and I have done 100,000miles in it I consider I won! :)

See You
Bruce

80mirada

Reaction score
All Chrysler Automatics have the same starter ring gear. Only Manuals had some variation, and most used the same starter as an Automatic.

Back