RIP Ali, Why wouldn't he box Wilt ??

Master M

Reaction score
It is interesting that in boxing you can pick and choose your opponents to keep your "champ" status.
Can you imagine this in Football or Basketball etc. Ali acts intimidated in this video and for good reason. A 7'2" Wilt Chamberlain is being presented as an opponent. Wilt is super quick, harder to hit, and is benching 500+ pounds. To me Ali is acting insecure about this challenge, and ultimately this fight did not get scheduled. Wilt is a foot taller, had a 14" reach advantage, and his hand size dwarfed Ali. RIP Ali. This would of been interesting had it happened.
Here is an interesting link and quote below...

"However the reason the fight was canceled was because Herbert (Ali's manager) canceled it due to Wilt's height and size and thought it was possible that Ali wouldn't have been able to reach his chin"

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Just my opinion of course but I'm pretty sure that was just for entertainment....which it was. I'd be putting my money on Ali.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Black Jack Mulligan in his day would be my pick.
Meanest tough guy for real, not just kayfabe wrestling.

If Stu Hart or Frank Gotch got a hold of you before you could could swat them away, they would tie you into a pretzel and have you screaming 'mommy' in a heartbeat.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
George Cauvalo V/S Ali in a 1860's, just let them go 20 rounds if needed, Cauvalo all the way.
George kept running out of time.

Back