road rash

roadrunner restore

Reaction score
any ideas on how to prevent road rash on super pac wheel flairs? painted last summer. no gravel roads.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Just a suggestion, so if this is off base, then feel free to disregard.

3M makes a clear film to protect paint. I have seen it used on cars that have very low hood lines. In those instances, it is put over the front of the car (most of the time, on the hood only, but sometimes on the front of the fenders as well), and is supposed to prevent rock chips. This is not the "bra" type of covering, it is a stick down clear film, compleetey transparent. If you could find some of that, and cut it to shape for your wheel flares, it may help.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a product, a year ago or so, on Roadkill. It is a (rattle can) spray on paint protector, that can be peeled off, if needed.
It was on an episode with a Furd Crown Vic police car vs. Cheby Caprice police car.

Also, on newer several vehicles, I have seen something applied to rear half of front fender and to rear wheel/quarter panel, that is either spray on or apply on that covers roughly 1 foot by 1 foot, that is to protect paint.

If you were to go to a parking lot, you will find this (film?) on a lot of vehicles (but not all).
I'm not sure what that material is and am interested to know – just too lazy to find out.
BudW

roadrunner restore

Reaction score
thought about the 3m stuff. will have to check out paint protecter. what is gravel guard & is it clear & smooth or rough? thanks guys

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
I Gravel Guarded the bottom of a GrandAmGT I owned for a bit. Sold it to my son 3 yrs ago,or more. It still looks good. 'Course he beat the rest of that car up pretty good;but the Gravel Guarded part is fine,lol. Maybe I shoulda done the whole car,top to bottom,front to back,side to side,lol.
Maybe I should just take his license away. Kidding! He's actually a pretty good driver. He just has a lotta gravel to drive every day.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Any body shop supply company should have it, I would think, as most body shop supply places carry 3M supplies. Otherwise, see who 3M's website lists as closest to you for body shop supplies.

Description is on this pageL

Protect your vehicle's paint with Scotchgard™ Pro Series Paint Protection Film

On the right hand side, there is a Where to Buy link that takes you to a map. You can enter your postal code in the box, and it will do a look up for you.

Did a little bit of searching, and got this for a 100 mile radius of Columbus (I don't know where you are in Ohio, figured that Columbus was pretty central):

chart?chst=d_map_spin&chld=0.png
Liberty Marking Systems
84.53 miles
7265 Edington Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45249
513-530-9270
chart?chst=d_map_spin&chld=0.png
Solar Tint
92.27 miles
130 Donald Drive
Fairfield, OH 45014
513-829-8818