Road trip!

SlantSixSullivan

Reaction score
I just got into a town south east of Atlanta, GA last night. My new job requires a week of safety training at their facility here, so from my home town in Ohio I took the Diplomat. I wasn't quite sure what to expect on the 750 mile journey, but the ol gal served me exceptionally well! Never had to add any oil, never got hot, never made any funny noises (except the speedometer cable). Two issues only: My gear indicator rod (correct term?) fell out and I had to put it back and tighten it. Secondly, as a result of my old speedo cable, the needle broke off my gauge! Not that I need it; I mean, I kinda have the "feel" for what 90 miles an hour is like. Other than those two little quirks, all's well. By the way, any fellow Mopar guys here in or around McDonough? I've been driving around for hours, killing time. All I see are late 90s GM sedans with 20 inch chromes and poorly modified Hondas. What gives!?

Justwondering

Reaction score
Its worse down here in North East Texas.
And yes, I contribute to the problem.

Trucks... everybody drives a truck. You got 'chur work truck (dually), your go to town truck (4wd), and your farm truck (60's or earlier).
Mom drives the car. You got 'chur young mom suv, your empty nest mom (avalon), your trophy wife mom (lexus), and your grand mom (cadillac).

I've got the 3 truck thing going (1 ford, 1 chevy, 1 dodge) and the suburban.
An old jeep pickup (63) and the 87 Fifth Avenue... usually only goes out when husband is feeling good.

sigh.
good luck on the training and finding mopar folks.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you needing a speedometer cable or a speedometer head?

Back