Ronald Reagan on Democrats

slant6billy

Reaction score
I was not a fan of Reagan, but I respected him. These tinlizzies like Cruz and Rubio, have no backbone, no merit, just selfserving twits.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I like the speechwriters from the 70's and 80's
These that we have now days -- jeeze - they just put you to sleep with the 'sound bit' after 'sound bit' technique. Short/choppy and disjointed.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
It was hard not to pay attention during a Reagan speech. He was always inserting stories into them that made me grin and chuckle many a time - which also tied into what he was talking about.

Aspen500

Reaction score
As opposed to our current "leader" who found a cure for insomnia, provided you don't get so pissed off you throw a brick through the TV:eek:

A guy at work played this video on his laptop during lunch yesterday and we all just about fell out of our chairs laughing when he delivered the punch line:D

Darth-Car

Reaction score
TV shows were funnier back then too. They had real writers who could write comedy. Today's puppy dog writers can only write about sex, and they think that is funny. It must be why I enjoy Netflix, and not broadcast TV; like my cars, I watch nothing younger than 25 years old.

Aspen500

Reaction score
TV shows were funnier back then too. They had real writers who could write comedy. Today's puppy dog writers can only write about sex, and they think that is funny. It must be why I enjoy Netflix, and not broadcast TV; like my cars, I watch nothing younger than 25 years old.
Sock it to me!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

Pretty close to the same. I have all my old faves and I haven't seen a descent show in about that time myself.

Back