Safe Lite Auto Glass

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I am thinking of having safe lite auto glass come out to my home with a service van to have my front windshield replaced. They priced the front windshield under $300 removing cleanup sealing and installing a new one. Anyone else ever used these guys before? They seem like they do some really nice work on there web site with those suction cups and robot arm tool thing that they use. Thank You.

alf44

Reaction score
havent used them yet but i went online to there site and looked up 79 volare windshield, got a quote of bout 275.00 installed. good price. will order 1 this spring

greymouser7

Reaction score
I listed the part number for the glass on my build thread. part number: 858 from post #245 in my heavy metal hell raiser thread under " F Body General Discussion ".

The glass for our cars basically comes from the same place.

It is the individual's skill that makes or breaks a good install.
My guess is that having an organization backing that individual is better than the jerk-water guy that did it for me.
Look into your local state-or whatever laws, some states supplement the replacement cost of windshields.

An important note though, for anyone manipulating old glass from vehicles:

I have heard quite a few stories about people pulling back glass from Mopars that end up having the glass spontaneously shattering.
No kidding, people leave the glass on the top of the car, move it into the house, etc. The edges are highly vulnerable to pressure when the temperature changes between the glass and the environment. You want to handle it, and protect it like it's a new born savior.

2nd note, there are two different types of sealant that are used, the old vehicles sealant is easy to remove or install, the new stuff is difficult to remove

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Well the reason I was checking into them my front windshield is toast and to be honest it is so bad I would rather not attempt to remove it myself. Meaning it is gonna leave glass all over the place when removed there simply is know way around it. I figured I would let someone else deal with any cuts or abrasions rather then me Lol.

Last edited:

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I got a quote from a reputable glass place local to me for $218 for my fifth. they want me to drop it off at their shop and come back for it, they don't want to travel to it. which would be fine, they're only about a half mile from where I work.. BUT I kind of want to keep an eye on what it looks like under it. there's some surface rust above the trim, and it leaks a bit.. not really sure yet what I want to do with that, if anything.. maybe they can just slap an extra thick coat of sealer on, and it'll be airtight for many years to come?

I also went to the safe lite site and got a quote for $198, but it doesn't say specifically that it has the blue/green top strip. I think that's the only way they come though, right?

slant6billy

Reaction score
Safelite came in high when I got a quote every time. I went with other companies in each case. My honda has been replaced twice and repaired twice. Again, the repair quote was 50 compared to Safelite's 100 bucks. The SS/T has new rubber and seal from ASAP Auto glass, ASAP did my van and jeep too. Right in my driveway and they came to my work and did my coworkers too, again under Safelite's quote by 100 bucks. Safelite has good product, but ASAP uses the same supplier. The last time the guys from ASAP came out, they finished and then looked over the Volare for about 20 minutes. They were hotrodders/ car guys and tough critics on my work as well their own. The installer is key.

Back