Schumacher mounts /6 to 360

SlantSixSullivan

Reaction score
I just dropped a 360 into my Diplomat using some Schumacher conversion mounts. I had to use two washers per side as spacers to take up the gap on the rear two ears of the mounts, which I understand is common practice when using these mounts.

I can just barely get the mounts to sit square in the original slant six K frame, and when I drop it in and get the two large bolts in place, the engine leans to the passenger side.

It seems wrong, the way the engine leans. But for some reason I remember someone telling me that's the way they sit in there. Can anyone confirm this, or is there something wrong here? It's a difference of roughly 2 inches, just eyeballing it. Thanks in advance.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, 2 inches is a lot. Not doubting you but have you measured it? A 3-foot level on the front of the valve covers vs. a 2x4 placed on top of the fenders?

I've never measured it but the engines all appear to sit flat in the engine compartments (except for the /6).

Did your mount kit come with instructions?
Attached is a copy of the instructions from Schumacher's web site.

Attachments

• 73_and_Up_S6_SB_pg1.pdf
    720.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 73_and_Up_S6_SB_pg2.pdf
    561.7 KB · Views: 307
  • 73_and_Up_S6_SB_pg3.pdf
    568.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 73_and_Up_S6_SB_pg4.pdf
    783.7 KB · Views: 311

SlantSixSullivan

Reaction score
My kit did not come with instructions. It was a gift I received years ago. I'll have a look at what you attached. I did use a 3 foot level, but only to verify it was leaning, not to measure. I'll try and get out there this evening and measure. Thanks

SlantSixSullivan

Reaction score
Upon reading the first few paragraphs of the instructions, I realize I may have prematurely torqued the mounting bolts. I was under the assumption that there was no adjustment, and that the engine would sit level once installed with all bolts tight. Good thing I stopped here and did not go any further. Once again, thank you Bud. You have been more help to me than you know, time after time on this site.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to be of help.
I am full of advise. Also, I've been told that every once in a while - the advise is given correctly . . .

I was wondering if we need to change your forum name, now?

Remow2112

Reaction score
I am late to the party but as I recall you have to cut the driver side mount and drill it. It should be real close to level.

SooperKoop

Reaction score
Perhaps he is offering a limited amount of product? I recently spoke to the folks at MOTECH Performance in California. There was some confusion as to who was taking over Schumacher's business because I originally called a place in the Carolinas that supposedly was to take over and they redirected me to Motech. When I spoke to the people at motech, they said they were getting very close to being able to sell Engine Mount Kits again for the engine swaps. I asked them to call me when they would begin offering FJM swap kits and they said they would, so if something has happened in the interim because that was only a few weeks back, I would be surprised if Schumacher decided to offer the engine swap kits again but would also be very happy if he did do so again. He seemed very nice to deal with and to be honest he has given the Mopar Community one of the best products that you could find To make swap dreams come true and to give cars that need a swap or would like to get a swap, the option to do so. It's like a new lease on life for some Mopars. He gives the person who needs to be mindful of a "Build Budget" in the Mopar world, a chance to make it happen. Either way this develops, please keep us informed as to what's going on. I think a lot of people are waiting for these mounts to be available again. Cheers!

Aspen500

Reaction score
On the Schumacher site (engine-swaps.com) it says it's all MOTECH's now. Sale is complete. All Shumacher has now is the tech question phone.

I wonder if MOTECH is going to offer everything Schumacher did, or just the conversion mounting brackets.

Remow2112

Reaction score
Check the link I posted above. It leads to their Facebook page. At least one thread by the admin says they are hoping to have kits available soon. Might be worth posting a question and see if you get a response.

From what I can figure out, whoever bought them out, is taking over the webpage and Facebook site.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Don't have a FB account so.............................

I've got the Shumacher "Tri-Y" ceramic coated BB headers on my car and they are excellent. Expensive, but were worth every dollar. That's kind of what I was wondering, if MoTech will have those, along with the other (aside from mounts) things they offered. Not that it matters really, just curious is all.

volare 1977

Reaction score

Schumacher Creative Services

July 13 ·

1f4e3.png
1f4e3.png
Announcement!!
1f4e3.png
1f4e3.png

Schumacher Creative Services has been acquired by the Southern California based Mopar shop, Motech Performance. We're working on assembling kits, starting with our most popular. In the following months we'll be back up 100% with most everything in stock ready to ship.
If there is a product you are interested in, please send us a message on Facebook and we will add you to our list. Thank you all again for your support and patience!
I found this online. Read the above

bruue1

Reaction score
I have a 1980 Dodge Aspen slant 6 K member and I have a 360 small block I want to put into the car.
I am, looking for the F Body s6 to 340/360 mounts. Schumacher part # A73LA6
This car is a tan 4 door sedan, its in great shape, it is the same color, trim, model, year as the first car I owned when I was 15 in 1994, but this one is in better condition.
I would have kept the 225 single barrel slant six, but after a summer of hot rodding the 90 max HP engine around I blew a rod through the side of the engine block.

I have called Mike @ engine swaps and emailed him, I have gotten no response. I also called and emailed MoTech, they did not respond to my email. When I called MoTech I spoke to a nice and polite young lady who told me "Chris" would be calling me back, that was last week, so far; no call.

I have been unable to find the mounts on E Bay.

I will post a parts wanted thread in this forum.

I hope that these parts do become available; if anyone has any help for me I would greatly appreciate it, and I would pay for these mounts. Otherwise I'll end up getting fabbing some, but thats another story.

To the original poster, I'm glad you got the leveling out, sounds like a great project!

Aspen1.jpg

Remow2112

Reaction score
I have a small block K frame laying around that I could measure the engine mount points. Anyone have a /6 K on the ground they could measure? Might be simple enough to cut down the passenger side mount.

bruue1

Reaction score
Remow,
Would you consider selling the small block F Body K Member?

I do have a parts wanted thread going in the for sale section too, I shouldn’t have started two places.

I have my slant six mounts in the car which I’ll pull with the engine when I start the project no later than January. I also purchased some 360 spool mounts. I was thinking of cutting them all in half, more or less, and welding the ears of the 360 mounts to the spools of the slant six ones, offset and however they need to be to line up well.

Im hoping it will make more sense to me once I have it all on my bench in front of me and the engine hanging in the bay positioned where I want it.

I would still like to have a small block K member for this car. I could refurbish it and swap it in whenever I was ready.

Please let me know if you want to sell yours.

Thanks for the comment and idea too.

Simon

Aspen500

Reaction score
As a last resort, you could find an old V-8 K-frame and cut the mount brackets off it and yours, and weld the V-8 brackets to your k-frame. That assumes an unusable k-frame (rust) is found. Of course a good V-8 k-frame would be ideal. When I swapped my S6 for a 440 back in '89, there was no such thing as Schumacher. Wanted to swap k's but out of the dozens and dozens of V-8 F and M bodies at the scrap yard, not a single one that wasn't rusted out to some extent and mine was rust free. So, cut and weld. 32 years later and still holding up fine.

bruue1

Reaction score
Totally, sounds like you got a cool car. I am really looking forward to making mine quicker. One way or the other I'll get it figured. Maybe just a ratchet strap around the whole thing? I could stop and tighten it up every so often. LOL

I'll probably have to get out a magic marker, some cardboard, and a box cutter, but I'll get it figured. At the end of the day its just a few pieces of mild steel. I think its gonna be fun. Paint em up pretty, and brag to people about em

Back