Seat tracks for a 88 Gran Fury

Druber

Reaction score
my seat tracks/brackets are rusted out on my 60/40 front police seats. Would anyone have any? I need all four.

beatersRus

Reaction score
can you post a pic of what you have?
i do have a set of cloth seats i took out of a 5th ave that were buckets and may work for you.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
They should be the same but the power/manual thing will come into play assuming that at least the drivers seat is probably power on the 5th avenue.

The hump to clear the cat converter changed at some point also but was probably very early 80s.

beatersRus

Reaction score
now you made me wonder,i thought i recalled them both being manual seats/tracks.
ill check it out tomm but ty for the headsup.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I was informed by another forum member, the floorpan cat converter hump is present for ALL FMJ vehicles. The differences for seat tracks are:
Bench seats (manual or power)
Bucket seats (manual or power, 40/0/40, 40/20/40 or 60/40 seats).
Note: none of the floorpan bolt holes are in correct location when converting from bench to bucket seats - so new holes will need to be drilled.

For a long time, I had a power bench seat track setup for one of these cars.
BudW

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
They all had the cat converter hump but the shape of the hump changed at some point.
I've swapped 60/40 seats from a 1978 into an 88 that also had 60/40 seats and the passenger seat track that goes over the hump had to be switched back to the 88 one to make it fit. Everything else was a direct swap except that one piece.

beatersRus

Reaction score
my seat tracks/brackets are rusted out on my 60/40 front police seats. Would anyone have any? I need all four.
okay,i do have a set of tracks But the studs that come off those tracks need to be replaced with nuts and bolts,Both sides.
the prior owner removed the seats with a torch/cut off the lower sections of stud/nut.
the rails are good,the studs are not.
they will also need to be cleaned and painted.
if you can use something like this lmk and ill take pics.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Note: none of the floorpan bolt holes are in correct location when converting from bench to bucket seats - so new holes will need to be drilled.

BudW
Does the split bench have the same holes as the bucket seats? because mine was a bench seat car, and I put the spilt beach seat from my '87 SE in and the extra holes were already there with covers over them. '85 Gran Fury

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I should say bench seat as in only having two seat rails (total), one on each side of the seat and bucket seats have a total of four seat rails (two per seat). You can then define the two series as you like.

The ones with four seat tracks all share the same floorpan bolt pattern and those with two seat rails share a different floorpan bolt pattern.
In most cases, there is usually a 3-4” square/rectangle plate welded onto the floorpan in the area of the bolt hole(s) to give a bit more strength.

I never have understood why Chrysler had different hole location for outermost rails for the two different seat versions (bench vs. bucket).
BudW

Back