September's post count

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m not one to start a lot of posts, nor am I one to post at all, unless I have information useful to the conversation at hand – so I was surprised to see this
Post count.JPG

I demand a recount, for those numbers look way too high (that is generally where Justwondering’s monthly numbers are at) . . .

BudW

By the way, do we know what the October car of the month will be based off of?
(Note: one thread for two completely different comments)

Comment #3.
I was wondering if it would be useful to have stickied threads.
Two that I know of: common fuel system part numbers (OE and aftermarket) and common ignition system component part numbers (again in OE and aftermarket)?
Maybe even others.

I know that don’t like the part counter “people” ask you twenty questions and then pull the wrong part number off of the shelf, so a few years back, I decided to go to parts store website and get the needed part numbers ahead of time. My time spent in the part store is much less and so far, I hadn’t been given the wrong part so far (knock on wood).

If people would think it will help, I can make a thread for commonly needed fuel system parts to try it out.

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
Bud.
I like reading your comments. You do a great job explaining things especially to those of us more novice individuals.

Like the idea of parts numbers. My current problem is not knowing what the part is called. Quickly followed by not knowing the part number. Your guidance has helped me often.

Congrats on top poster!

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Hum (while scratching his hairy chin . . .)

A pictorial guide with part numbers?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I’m not one to start a lot of posts, nor am I one to post at all, unless I have information useful to the conversation at hand – so I was surprised to see this
View attachment 17534
I demand a recount, for those numbers look way too high (that is generally where Justwondering’s monthly numbers are at) . . .

BudW

By the way, do we know what the October car of the month will be based off of?
(Note: one thread for two completely different comments)

Comment #3.
I was wondering if it would be useful to have stickied threads.
Two that I know of: common fuel system part numbers (OE and aftermarket) and common ignition system component part numbers (again in OE and aftermarket)?
Maybe even others.

I know that don’t like the part counter “people” ask you twenty questions and then pull the wrong part number off of the shelf, so a few years back, I decided to go to parts store website and get the needed part numbers ahead of time. My time spent in the part store is much less and so far, I hadn’t been given the wrong part so far (knock on wood).

If people would think it will help, I can make a thread for commonly needed fuel system parts to try it out.

I've been kind of stumped as to what the next car of the month should be. Any suggestions are most welcome.

I like your idea for the stickied posts. Any ideas you have for them just message me and I'll see what we can do.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I like your idea for the stickied posts. Any ideas you have for them just message me and I'll see what we can do.
The winter months, I generally have more free time on my hands, and I will work on some of these things (and let you know).

Car suggestions.
First I wonder how many of each car type we have here (impossible to know, for sure).
Car types:
F-body
- 2 door
- 4 door
- Station wagon
M-body
- 2 door
- 4 door
- Station wagon (I hadn’t seen one in a long time)
J-body
That would be 7 different types (6 if one wants to put all station wagons into one group)

Classifications:
Survivor / stock (tires, wheels, radio changes only – could be debated as to what)
Restored/rebuilt
Slightly modified (5% - the percentage could be debated)
Heavily modified (10% or more – percentage could be debated)
Big block cars (and/or Hemi cars)
/6 only section
Police / Taxi only
Super Coupes/Kit Cars only
Been to the drag strip more than once
Been to another race track, more than once
Cars that won (x) car show trophies.
Members with less than 100 posts (newbies) (number could be debated)
That would be 6/7 car types and 12 possible classifications.

I say get out those funny looking dice and start rolling.
If you want, I could give a rough plan for next few months . . .

BudW

Back