Small Block Mopar Heads and pistons!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSALeBaron

Reaction score
Contact seller
Up for sale are 2 sets of small block Mopar heads. The first set is off my NHRA Stock drag car. They are a set of 596 castings with Comp valve springs and aftermarket steel valves. They make great power for stock style lifts. Over .460 they start to die off a little. They have run a 3700 lb. car to 11.90's at 108 mph. They have been checked out by Zimmerman Heads of Indiana and were going on my race again this year but I found 2 sets of 308 heads so one of them got the nod. I would like $300 for these heads. The second set is a set of 308 heads off a running 3/4 ton pick up truck. They are stock. I intended to use them in my race car as I bought 2 sets (knowing the seats crack), but both sets were great and my head guy found no problems. I would like $250 for these. Shipping will be paid by the buyer. I live in Omaha, NE, but will be traveling to Topeka KS, Earlville IA, and Dallas TX this year. Also, if someone wants to move fast on them, my parents still live south of Indianapolis and they are coming out this weekend and could drive them that far. The pistons/rods are used, and Venolia finished with a JE plug. They are for a .030 over 360. They ran great, but I decided to go to .060 over this year. I would like $150 for these. They weight stock minimum. If you have any questions, please PM me or call me at 317-430-three0nine5. Thank you very much for looking, Wayne.
photo(3).jpg

photo(3).jpg

cjd1963

Reaction score
Hi Wayne, are the 596 heads ready to run or do they need to be freshened up? I'm assuming that they are legal stocker heads, what has been done to them? Thanks and have a nice 4th, Craig.

JSALeBaron

Reaction score
Ready to go

Hi Wayne, are the 596 heads ready to run or do they need to be freshened up? I'm assuming that they are legal stocker heads, what has been done to them? Thanks and have a nice 4th, Craig.

These heads are ready to be bolted on. It was an 11th hour find of my 308 heads that put these 596s on the shelf. They are legal stocker heads. Not much has been done to them, as the price reflects :). Hope you had a great 4th! Wayne

cjd1963

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me Wayne. Can you find out the shipping to 61853, I'm near Champaign IL? Thanks, Craig. Or whenever your next trip to Indy would be. I'm right off of I-74 on the way to Indy. No big hurry for the heads, But I do want them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back