Soild Bushings Bolts

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have managed to get 3 of the 4 big bolts that go through the subframe and isolators, I have hit a snag the 4th bolt is real hard to turn, I don't know what sort of nut is inside the frame rail, feels like some square that sits in there. I have tried to squirt CRC 5.56 down there through a hole in the chassis. Can the nut inside the rail the big bolt screws into spin in there or is it to big, if it screws around I am in a bit of bother.

Thanks
Bruce

80mirada

Reaction score
It is welded. Soak the living crap out of it with penetrating oil. You may have to loosen a little, then tighten back up, spray it, an repeat until it comes out. If the nut breaks loose it has to be welded back in place.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
What do you have supporting the K-frame. It might be binding that last one. I assume you're doing this with the engine in?

80mirada

Reaction score
It is a nut welded to the inner reinforcement that runs parallel with the top and bottom of the rail. Penetrating oil and an Impact would be your best friends for this job. If the nut had broke loose it would turn easily.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I have the body supported under the jacking points with some wooden blocks and under the K member I have my high lift Jack

Last edited:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
It finally came out, took about an hour in total, CRC it, leave it, undo it do it up a bit, CRC it, you guys know the drill, 30+ years of being in the same place = I dont want to move :)

Back