Spectre Fuel Filter Leak'n

slant6billy

Reaction score
I got this filter a few years ago on clearance and as it goes - " Cheap is Cheap". I went to take the Volare' out for a blast on a low humidity day and during the driveway check & walk around, the drip was seen on my polished inner fender panel. I've had one of those weeks folks. I dig the clear filter to see the fuel flow, but I've heard this things leak right out the box. So I'll pick up a Wix this afternoon and be back motoring tonight

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yep, I just put a (customer supplied) Spectre water pump in a '64 Coupe DeVille at work and besides being a surprisingly huge PITA to do, it leaks as bad as the one I took off. Plus it came with the absolute CHEAPEST looking gaskets and water crossover manifold to pump o-ring that I've ever seen. Now were waiting on a different one (and not a Made in China one like the Spectre) and oh joy of joys, I get to go through everything again. Oh, and we also ordered a Fel-Pro gasket kit that's coming right from the factory in Skokie Ill. Hell of a thing trying to get parts for a '64 Caddy.......

Cadillacs are designed, engineered and built stupid now, and they weren't much different 52 years ago it seems.:mad:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Bought a 5 dollar standard filter made of metal and put in on after work/ before dinner. Passed out watching the 6 oclock news and now I'm on line. I'll take her out tomorrow and flex the system

slant6billy

Reaction score
Test SAT. Also put the timing light on. Timing mark is right at the Zero crossing and not sloppy after a few redlight romps. Maybe the chain ain't stretched? Won't really know until I pull the motor and drop the 360 in.

SirRalliart

Reaction score
I picked up one of those clear Spectre filters at Autozone and the car would not start without spraying Brakeclean in the carb. I swapped it out with a Wix and it starts perfectly now, therefore the Spectre is a POS and a waste of $$.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I picked up one of those clear Spectre filters at Autozone and the car would not start without spraying Brakeclean in the carb. I swapped it out with a Wix and it starts perfectly now, therefore the Spectre is a POS and a waste of $$.
Yes Sir. I am living that. DCAspen even threw one of those Spectre filters at me on Friday just to break my stones when we were hanging at Carlisle.

Back