stock eliminator gran fury

cjd1963

Reaction score
Just brought home my new toy. 83 Gran Fury, 318 2 bbl. The car is very solid with only a few small rust issues. I'm gathering up parts now and will be running a 318 4 bbl. It will fit in NHRA P/SA and will have to weigh 3,850 with driver. P/SA index is 13.45 and I'm shooting for low 13's and eventually get her in the 12's. To run a car in stock eliminator you have to keep the stock compression ratio, stock lift cam, but any duration, headers, aftermarket ignition, race transmission and converter, competition valve job but no porting or polishing. Stock intake and carb. Any corporate rear end and any gear ratio. 1 electric fuel pump, 9" slicks. It will be a winter project for me and I hope to be finished with it by April 2014. It will be the only M body 4 door that I know of in stock eliminator. There is a guy running an 80 or 81 Diplomat 2 door in stock and is running a slant 6. Thanks for looking, Craig
bluesmobile 095.jpg
bluesmobile 082.jpg
bluesmobile 083.jpg
bluesmobile 087.jpg

bluesmobile 095.jpg

bluesmobile 082.jpg

bluesmobile 083.jpg

bluesmobile 087.jpg

Last edited:

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Cool deal!

The guy with the /6 dippy does quite well too, we have seen him get deep in the rounds many times. Buzzin half dozen os painted on the side of it.

Last edited:

cjd1963

Reaction score
You are allowed to run spools and aftermarket axles so yes Moser, Strange etc. can be used.

cjd1963

Reaction score
Just driving the car right now. It actually runs pretty good as it sits. I have picked up the correct Thermoquad and intake for my stock eliminator build along with a few other race oriented parts. I had shoulder replacement surgery in Jan. of this year and it not only slowed me down physically but REALLY slowed down the funds to go forward with my plans. Things are getting back to "normal" now and I am hoping to continue with this stock eliminator idea thru the rest of the year and over the winter. Thanks for the interest, Craig.

Back