Super Six Hose Hookup

Rifleshooter

Reaction score
So I recently did a 1 to 2bbl carb swap on my 1980 volare and aside from my repair manual I still seem to be having trouble with finding out what vacuum line goes where. Anybody have a diagram or info that could help me?

slant6billy

Reaction score
I might, but I definitely can shoot an under hood pic of my super6 tomorrow after work. All the lines are like they were at the factory

Rifleshooter

Reaction score
I might, but I definitely can shoot an under hood pic of my super6 tomorrow after work. All the lines are like they were at the factory
Sounds good to me. I looked in my book so many times it's rediculous and there nothing there for non Canada 2bbl slants in 1980. So I ended up going to the 79 diagram and hooking up what was on there that I could find a location for as a temporary fix.

slant6billy

Reaction score
So the 2 vacuum lines off the carb on mine. The one to the back driverside corner of the carb goes to the bottom of the aircleaner to open /close the cold damper in the fresh air tube. The other one that comes out of the car pointing toward the pass side goes to the little block mounted on the side of the aircleaner. From there it goes to the distributor and the vacuum amplifier on the valve cover.

slant6billy

Reaction score
IMG_0463.JPG
IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG

This one goes to the under side of the aircleaner where there are 2 vac nipples for the flapper fresh air door

Back