T Top car Modification Decal

A12rag

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone that has a T top car, has the decal stating it was modified by Cars & Concept . . . . would be nice to reproduce for the car I have . . . Here is pic of what is on the car . . . . pretty much I figure it reads :

This vehicle was altered by
Cars & Concepts Inc., on APR 1979
And as altered, conforms to all
applicable Federal motor vehicle
safety standards in effect on APR 1979.

I think there should be a box beside the bottom APR 1979, that would have the No: _______ from C&C . . . but have to get a magnifying glass to see if it might actually be there . . .

Thanks

79 RR C&C Door Decal.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
The plus is that those labels were by the modifier. The ASC one is common on sunroof cars and other factory custom type things into the 90s so maybe someone is reproducing those labels for a more common car.
Worst case see if a local shop can reproduce it. It's only a matter of printing the right font and some boxes on a vinyl sticker.

A12rag

Reaction score
I agree with . . . each is specific to the supplier . . . I was going to check locally . . . but thought I would throw it out there. Apparently Cars & Concepts made "kits" that they sold to different dealers, and they had a sticker/decal that went with the kit, that the specific dealer filled out and applied to the car.

SRTMirada

Reaction score
The picture I posted is not of a sunroof car but rather a cabriolet roof. Apparently ASC installed cabriolet roofs.

531SuperCoupe

Reaction score
Cars & Concepts modified the Super Coupes as well. Mine has the sticker but its barely legible. There is a guy working to have these printed blank so the dates can be stamped on them. Here is a really clear example of one.

Screenshot_20220409-231200_YouTube.jpg

Back