T Top Cordoba on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Rare is a pretty relative term. I have seen one for sale locally about two years back. They aren't as common as the solid topped cars, but the sunroof equipped cars are even less common, and the cars with the aftermarket convertible tops are even less common.

Kostas

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Yeah I noted the spelling, I thought it was quite interesting myself having said that you guys spell colour, tyre, carburettor, cheque etc different so quite often I spell the words in American English in this forum :) You guys have changed the spelling from the English versions over time and to make things worse you have small gallons, have a different amount of zero's for a trillion and still work in inches (I found a USA engine to use metric and imperial bolts) But hey its not all bad some of your spellings seem to make more sense.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Yeah, them Canucks spell things funny.LOL... Checks with a Q, tires with a Y, color with a U... I remember back in school we did a deal where you spelled everything just like it aounded.....lol.....nobody could read it.

We have different amount of zeros for a trillion????? Interesting.

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
and even in Canada, tires are spelled with an "i", not a "y". Trillion is a 1 followed by 12 zeros, anywhere on the planet. Of course, the American's are most familiar with trillion, that's how they measure the US debt.

Kostas

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The numbers come from the world of science. Despite what the web site says, a million has always been 10^6, a billion has been 10^9, and a trillion has been 10^12. I don't know where the person who wrote that on the web site got a trillion as 10^18. A step up the scale is always an increase in 10^3. No matter what the English/social science teachers say, in the world of mathematics and science, it has always been 10^9, no matter what combination of thousand and million is used for the description. 10^5 is quadrillion, 10^18 is pentillion, if such a word exists.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
hahahah but you do see now that there is some talk of a different amount of zeros for some numbers even though it maybe wrong, maybe it was my bad to think UK and USA had a different amount of zeros for the same number but somewhere along the line someone has mucked around with the amount of zeros

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I read the web page, and understand what you were referring to. The web page is really, really screwed up. I don't know where the web page author got all that from, whether it was really taught that way, or he remembers it wrong, but it is wrong in either case.

Don't let english/social science/history teachers teach math. The web site above is the result.

Last edited:

moreada

Reaction score
A local gent picked up a very similar looking T-top Cordoba that was in impeccable shape, had the 5 on 5 wheels, and when I asked what he paid... He yanked my chain, and I wont repeat the nonsense he spouted. Found out afterwards, it was a $1000 purchase. I was envious as all heck!

ALLMopar

Reaction score
A T-top Cordoba for $1000 and it was in impeccable condition! I have a really nice T-top Mirada and it wouldn't even poke the nose into the driveway for a $1000 offer. Would've been nice to have a T-top Cordoba sitting next to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back