The Dreaded 1 year only Hump gas tank

slant6billy

Reaction score
And Mark & Ricky sent the sending unit, filler tube and tank straps.
IMG_0432.JPG

The 77 4 speed Volare' has a December 1976 build date

Gator

Reaction score
Great find to bad no one reproduces it.I think the senders are available from vans

slant6billy

Reaction score
Great find to bad no one reproduces it.I think the senders are available from vans
And Mark's front wheels were on my doorstep today......... I'm gonna need a bigger storage trailer for parts. My wife is soooo pissed! She can't stand the car parts business

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
One and one half year production tank (Start of production (’76) to 4/1/77).
https://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/classicmopar/threads/love-at-first-sight.6065/#post-68288 Post # 9 – shows the differences in trunk pan.

I’m considering changing trunk pans (either complete or just the spare tire area) to get increased spare tire space and to update the fuel tank at same time.

Currently I have no issues with my fuel tank (looks much better than it should with 40k miles on it and being over 40 years old).
My wagon was built on 11/11/76.
BudW

Edit, when was Eve built?

slant6billy

Reaction score
The gears in my head started turning as I'm couched with pneumonia. I wonder if I take the bottom skin off the bad 77 tank and put a good tank skin from a 79 tank? In order to make a good 76/77 early tank. I now have a good 77 tank, but hate to throw away the bad one. I need to look at the bottoms of both style tanks. My 79 has pin holes on the top, so its bottom is the perfect donor. I know I don't possess the talent to do this, just the thought. However, there are a few people I know who can do this. I know my dad could, but he could weld anything. As a kid I watch him remove his chevelle's tank and fill it with water and weld up rust holes on it. Going to take some measurements and compare tank bottoms

Back