the dreaded seat cover

mike2

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new to the forum , but I see the seat covers are an issue getting, do the diplomat,5th ave seats in two door fit aspen volare, I have found some for sale and wondered if they fit ,would be a nice upgrade too , Thanks

Justwondering

Reaction score
love my fifth avenue seats... but I don't know if they fit a volare.. someone will chime in here soon, I'm sure.

mike2

Reaction score
A couple of photos of the project

IMG_2086.JPG

IMG_2086.JPG

rcmaniac791

Reaction score
If you do end up replacing the seats with ones out of an M-body (Granted that they fit) Definitely go with Fifth Ave seats. Nothing can beat the comfort of those babies. They will probably be easier to find than Diplomat or Grand Fury seats, since the 5th Ave's were sold more.

lowbudget

Reaction score
The A body split bench I have measures the same as my F body bench seat. I haven't tried it yet bnu am pretty sure it will fit. That will be another option for you.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Only problem with M 4dr seats in a 2dr F is the M seats don't tilt forward.
To correct the above quote: 4-door (and station wagon) F & M- body seats will not tilt forward, making rear seat access, um, difficult.
2-door cars (F, M and J variants) will tilt, just fine.

5th Ave seats are wonderful for long trips, but I have yet to see a 2-door 5th Ave.
Imperial and some J-body seats look very close to 5th Ave and do have the tilting seats (well, I guess Imperials are J’s).

I heard that some floorpans are different at the R/F seat inner tracks due to a larger location for catalytic converter – so you might have to reuse your old R/F inner seat track.
BudW

Mr C

Reaction score
The 60/40 bench seats (which really were the previous bucket seat frames with an extra portion welded onto the driver's seat for the arm rest portion) that came out in 77 will fit B,R, F, M, J's-all years (hardware like P Seat mechanisms too). The frames under the fluff are all the same- right up to 89.

As mentioned it depends on if it was in a Cordoba or other coupe as to the tilt-forward function.

For example I pulled the driver's P Seat from a 79 Magnum in the wrecker and bolted onto my daughter's Volare seat to give her P seats that she wanted. Total bolt on.

Back