The Nicest Fifth Avenue Ever?

rcmaniac791

Reaction score
founds this while perusing the interwebs as you do.
Could this mean that the value is going up for these cars, or is this seller on something? I mean, asking $16,900??? That's something. Anyways, take a look for yourself: 1985 Chrysler Fifth Ave | 1985 Chrysler 5th ave,lowest miles in the world for sale to buy or purchase | Classic Cars, Muscle Cars, Exotic Cars, Camaro, Chevelle, Impala, Bel Air, Corvette, Mustang, Cuda, GTO, Trans Am, - Flemings Ultimate Garage
1985-chrysler-fifth-ave.jpg
14226361-1985-chrysler-fifth-avenue-srcset-retina-xl.jpg
14226362-1985-chrysler-fifth-avenue-srcset-retina-xl.jpg
14226363-1985-chrysler-fifth-avenue-srcset-retina-xl.jpg
14226367-1985-chrysler-fifth-avenue-srcset-retina-xl.jpg
14226374-1985-chrysler-fifth-avenue-srcset-retina-xl.jpg
14226376-1985-chrysler-fifth-avenue-srcset-retina-xl.jpg
14226378-1985-chrysler-fifth-avenue-srcset-retina-xl.jpg
14226379-1985-chrysler-fifth-avenue-srcset-retina-xl.jpg

Opticon77

Reaction score
I have't never seen one even close to that mint for 15 years. Look at that engine bay! I'm not sure it says much about the value of lesser condition cars... being an absolute museum piece itself. But if someone was looking to relive their 1985 dealership experience, $17k certainly doesn't buy anything classier these days.

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
Wonder how much they think the original 1985 air in the tires is worth? Looks like a nice car, but not that nice. But if it sells, I guess it was priced right.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Value hasnt gone up, the wrong dealer just got ahold of it. If you look at his other cars and there prices compared to the "market" youd understand.

Car is nice but would be lucky to pull 1/2 the asking price. Its just how it is.

Car was 14k when NEW off the lot.

Someone has to pay the light bill

Flemings Ultimate Garage

Related Complaints
Flemings Ultimate Garage
Sold us a junker for $30,000
Fleming's Ultimate Garage
Beware! MISREPRESENTING cars and DECEIVING buyers is how Flemings operates
Joseph A. Guardi Auto Sales
Guy sells me a car that he illegally inspected and never should have been able to be sold
Flemings Ultimate Garage
This is Standard practice at this dealership" I was also a victim of his scam, he sold me a ferrari that required a total engine rebuild
Flemings Ultimate Garage
I misrepresent cars and DONT CARE
Flemings Ultimate Garage
Ultimate Rip Off!
Flemings ultimate garage
I cant believe these people
Flemings Ultimate Garage of Rockville
Don't trust flemings... Crooks
Flemings Ultimate Garage
Flemings Ultimate Junkyard & Rip Off
Flemings Ultimate Garage
Crooks and liars!

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Here is the thing about museums, automotive related ones have been on the decline for pretty basic reasons.
Money!

Ive had two cars and one motorcycle that Ive been asked over the years to be put on loan in this or that museum and thats great but most dont know it dont make the car owner dick, zero, nothing. In fact they will put a small amount of ins. on the loan of your car to them but you still have to have your own coverage.

Museums have to at least break even, property, building, utilities, insurance and a few paid employees and for all but a few select places it dont add up, thus only a few are left.

There is a huge difference in a car museum and a wealthy collectors collection that they display for the public from time to time because they have the funds to cover it all. And that is a nice car.

Id have to have a better color combo myself then this one, I wonder what the production color combo breakdown was on those things.

One more thing about museums, look at the historic "Spruce Goose" and how close it came to being kindling wood vs being in a air museum as it is now in McMinnville Or. Still $27 a head to see that part of history.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Think they would respond if I emailed them and let them know if they decide to part it out I got dibs on the Radiator and AC parts?

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I've seen nicer and low miles for a lot less.

Everyday I'm looking for M's.
The 3 most money cars in the F/A category that where really sold, 80 Lebaron 4dr from a collector for 5Kcdn, nice Midnight Blue F/A for 5K US and a beige one went 6k Cdn.
Seen lots of $10-15K Dip cops sell.
The top one brought 41.5K.

My first M was $200.

volare 77

Reaction score
IIRC, Flemings had a store in Annapolis years ago. They were asking crazy prices back then too.

Aspen500

Reaction score
What is it worth? As always, whatever someone is willing to spend to own it. That said, it appears to one damn nice car! Obviously was stored in a climate controlled (probably) DRY garage all it's life. After reading through a bunch of complaints about that place however, I wouldn't give them $5 for the car.

I remember a muscle car dealer in Iowa way back when who's prices were way over inflated for cars that weren't really all that nice. Me and a couple buddies drove down there just to look, think it was around 1985 or so because we took my '73 Satellite. Anyways, the cars that looked excellent in the ads, turned out to be not quite so nice. Funny how the ad photo's managed to miss the bad parts, like the rust bubbles or pinholes, the rusty, xrusty undercarriage, etc. I mean the cars weren't junk by any means but they also weren't anywhere near as good as the prices would suggest. IIRC, the place was in Cedar Rapids. Might have been called "Duffy's" (?)

Last edited:

80mirada

Reaction score
Duffy's was a bunch of crooks, shit loads of half assed restorations and way over priced. They charged admission to get in. Glad that asshole is gone

rcmaniac791

Reaction score
Wow this really struck some interest. It's interesting to hear everyone's perspectives.

I've watched some youtube videos of Flemings, and the guy seems greasy. He also doesn't know what he is talking about most of the time. This car does look very nice, but I have the suspicion that we may not know the whole story.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Duffy's was a bunch of crooks, shit loads of half assed restorations and way over priced. They charged admission to get in. Glad that asshole is gone
So it was Duffy's. Thinking back to the overpriced crap he had there, doesn't surprise me it's out of business. I mean, the cars would have been fine if they were priced about half what they were and advertised honestly as drivers that would need a total resto to make them really nice.
I remember looking at a '70 Barracuda Gran Coupe and the sticker price was $7,995 ( this was 1985 remember). It had a flat tire, and they all were about shot, rust bubbles on both 1/4's, holes starting over the headlights and behind the wheels in the front fenders, a crappy paint job that looked like it was done by a 4 year old using a $5 paint gun, and who knows about the mechanical's. It was, at the time, a $2,500 car, max. That's only if it ran, drove and stopped. We drove away from that place shaking our heads.

volare 77

Reaction score
When Flemings had a Annapolis store I walked the parking lot full of cars for sale and just shook my head.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sort of off topic but,,,,,,,many years ago (in the 1970's and early 1980's) there was a used car lot here called "Sam's Used Cars". Everyone called him Slippery Sam yet people were still dumb enough to buy a car from him. This guy wore things like yellow pants, with a purple shirt, pink tie, and a LOUD jacket. He was a real piece of work. Anyways, the cars on his lot were the biggest POS'S you'd ever seen. Basically you could find better cars at the scrap yard. He would do things like put sawdust in a manual trans to quiet the noisy bearings, or put 75W-140 in the engine to "cushion" the rod knock. I recall hearing about an Olds he sold to some sucker and it didn't seem to run quite right. The person who worked on it found one of the pistons missing. The big end of the con rod was still bolted to the crank and it was obvious the rod had snapped off at the bottom and all Sam did was take the rest of the rod and piston out. Other cars were found to have sheet metal pop riveted to the frame and with some bondo and undercoating to hide where the frame was completely rotted away. How he stayed in business as long as he did, is one of the greatest unsolved mystery's of the world. Guess I could say the same for "Hi-Fi Kenny's" back in the same time period. Crook best describes that guy and he stayed in business for years, somehow.

This is Sam Bartus of "Sam's Used Cars". A picture is worth a thousand words. Would you have bought a car from this man?
th?id=OIP.jpg

Last edited:
Back