There's a critter in my garage.

Greg55_99

Reaction score
I feel like Carl in that old movie "Caddyshack". There's a vole (that's a fancy mouse), I think in my garage. I've put out glue traps. He avoids them. I put out those blue poison bars. He's eats it like a Hershey bar. No effect. I surrounded the poison bars with glue traps. He moves them out of the way and eats the bars. What to do? He's a slick one. Any ideas?

Greg

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
I always had good luck with a plain ol mouse trap with peanut butter for bait. Kinda push it in the hole on the trip lever so he has to work to get it out.

alfatar

Reaction score
Get a 5 gal bucket. Fill half with water.Put a skinney pipe across the top In the middle put some peanut butter{ crunchy} because it is a fancy mouse. They will fall into the bucket and ..... You know. Mice love to eat wireing in cars also.

Good luck

mike

slant6billy

Reaction score
I am a big fan of voltage. I took a walk pack transformer (with an AC voltage output) that had been for an old cordless phone. I cut the little connector off the end and wired the ends from the wall pack to a door bell transformer - but on the low side. I measured about 180 volts on the high side of the doorbell transformer. My problem was squirrels not mice but it will work too. I had a metal trashcan and metal trashcan lid. I cut small would blocks with slits to hold them to the rim of the can and keep the lid from touching. about a little more than a 3/4 inch gap. I wired the can to one end of the db transformer and the lid to the other lead off the high side. Of course the wall pack was plugged into a power strip with fuse. I put a peanut butter jar in the can and those squirrels could not resist. Some survived, but I got a few who managed to get stuck between the lid and can and well electrifried squirrel. I recommend a coffee can for mice and get a bigger output transformer

BHA43

Reaction score
Like above google "5 gal. bucket mouse trap" or look on you tube. instead of pipe, a soda can on a coat hanger, zip ties to keep the can centered, with a ramp up into it, peanut butter on the can, kinda like log rolling. put bleach or antifreeze in the bucket but only about 4" Self reloading!

Last edited:

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
If you are using a standard trap or a glue trap, do not handle them w/o gloves on...your scent gets on them. Peanut butter is a vermin treat (alfatar is dead on), but they will avoid if they smell you on anything.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Mice hate Bounce sheets.
I scatter them through out the car, in the trunk and some under ther hood.
Then the car smells fresh too.
I pop the hood high enough so it's not dark if I know there are mice.

Tom cats help.

Dago Red

Reaction score
Electrified trash can lids and and booby trapped buckets.

I definately need to party with this bunch sometime..................

BigWhip

Reaction score
This fall I have had two field mice show up in my shop. I was setting on the floor working on a shop light. Well the two just walked up and started watching me. When I got up they scurried off. The next night they came back and stopped within 2 feet of me. The third night we shared some Fritos. It was pretty neat. After a month they were gone but it was neat to see while it lasted.

Greg55_99

Reaction score
I got it boys! This weekend, I got an old fashioned mouse trap from the hardware store. Smeared Nutella on the doo hickey and set it between the glue traps. Looks like he got half in a glue trap, tried to get out and tripped the trap. It bwoke his wittle neck! Guess I'll set everything back up and see if he has a sister running around. Thanks for the ideas gents! Mopars and rodents don't mix.

Anybody want a pic? :)

Greg

Back