Things always happen in threes

Aspen500

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, a body was found by the river downtown. It was lying a few feet from a van and they said it appears the man was living in it. Don't know how the anchor kept a straight face (living in a van, down by the river). All I heard was he had "severe head trauma" and nothing since. Obviously it was homicide.

A week ago, another body of a 50 year old man was discovered in a park over on the central east side. Again, heard nothing more since if it was natural causes, homicide, drug OD, etc.

Then last night, over in Weston (a normally safe place) some people at a popular night spot stepped out for a smoke and discovered a guy laying in a pool of blood in the parking lot. He had a gunshot wound to the head and was deceased. They have not been able to indentify him yet.

What the ef all of a sudden???

Guess it's just like celebrity deaths,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the always go in three's.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
That sort of stuff came to our capital back in the early 80s, where I was living.I sold my house and got the heck outta there.I probable average less than three trips a year back there, and they are like parts runs.I never miss that town, and I've never been sorry I left it. That was 1984;a half a lifetime ago.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Pretty much a turf/gang war going on. Multiple murders iconcentrated in an area usually means that. Probably the local drug dealers fighting for territory.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The murders were in areas of the "metro area" that are about 10 miles apart. Still, I'd also guess they had something to do with drugs. Most likely either heroin or meth, or both. That's what 75% of the violent crime around here is about. Losers on drugs, dealing drugs, manufacturing drugs. Round them all up and hang them from the highest trees or something. For the makers and the dealers at least, let's make it a particularly slow and excruciating death shall we?

Found out the body found in the park was "natural causes",,,,,,sort of. Basically he was a homeless guy that was drunk beyond drunk, had alcohol poisoning (BA of .49) which caused him to pass out and die of exposure. At least that's the findings of the ME. It was REALLY cold that night. Cold meaning single digit temps (F). Hate to sound like an ass but,,,,,,,,,,not a big loss for the human race.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Goes on everywhere, here in the middle.of KS in Salina, a town of barely 50K, we have had several murders with in the last 2 years. The last one was just last summer, kid comes home to find Mom hacked up with a machete. Almost all of the murders arw unsolved too.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
Same thing on this side of the border. Certain areas of town you don`t want to be in after dark for fear of catching a stray bullet from the different gangs shooting at each other

Aspen500

Reaction score
For the most part, you don't have to worry much around here. There are certain areas of Wausau ( the main city) I won't go to even in the daytime. Those are the areas that the real estate listings show these older 2,000 sq ft houses for sale with asking prices of like $35,000 because the owners are cutting their losses and GTFO. Other areas I won't go to because my skin is the wrong color and I speak the wrong language both of which would attract too much attention (not intending to sound racist) and those are the same areas with the highest crime rates. Have no reason to go there anyways. The metro area population is roughly 110K so it's not exactly a huge metropolis. Out in the 'burb's, violent crime is pretty darn rare most of the time. Actually non violent crime isn't much of a problem either.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm thankful main road is over 1/4 mile away. Most folks won't walk that far and my drill stem fence posts are set too close for a regular vehicle to get between them.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The 'burb I live in is Rib Mountain (pop 8,100) and the worst crime that happens around here is usually shoplifters over at Trailer Trash Mart. Plus, the area I live in has basically one way in and one way out. Boxed in by a lake on the east, river on the south and freeway on the west. There's no where for criminals to run, lol.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Had another shooting yesterday, still havent caught the shooters. Guy is in critical condition

Back