SOLD Thinning the Aspen Herd

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastpen

Reaction score
Contact seller
1979 Dodge Aspen SE 2 Door
Former NHRA N/SA Car
This car has gorgeous original paint and the body is in absolutely beautiful condition.
Very nice original interior, with a very small flaw in the bottom of the drivers seat.
Wiring has been modified by the previous owner to accommodate it's use as a race car and this is the primary "drawback" (in my mind) to it being an easy return to street duty.
The "stocker" engine, trans and converter are still installed and the only significant change ( at this point) has been the replacement of the 8 3/4 rear axle housing with an 8 1/4.

I will be happy to accept phone calls to allow me to elaborate on specifics and I most certainly look forward to hearing from interested parties.

Thanks so much for the ad. I'm asking $6800 for the car.
GEORGE PIC 2:4.jpg
GEORGE PIC 4:4.jpg
IMG_2201.jpg

I can be contacted from 9am-9pm EST. LOCATED IN JENNINGS FL.

Last edited:

fastpen

Reaction score
Jim is correct, the red car is indeed the '79 SE "stocker" that is for sale.
The engine in this car is a 318.
The engine has "308" heads with new seats, Ferrara valves with a !.78 intake valve size and 1.50 exhaust valve size, Comp Cams valve springs, retainers and locks, "trued" adj. rockers, PN 41739152 360 intake manifold with Thermoquad carb, TTI headers, msd billet distributor, msd ignition, Comp Cams stocker cam, Smith Bros. custom pushrods (5/16" x .116" 4130 cup & ball), 904 transmission with reverse manual valve body, 8" torque converter, B&M shifter, 8.25 rear axle assembly.

This is really nice car, but I really don't need both vehicles and I've chosen to keep the blue "77 for a variety of reasons.

The "77 Aspen has been an ongoing project for several years now and I fully intend to have it strip ready after I'm able to sell the "79 SE.

The '79 SE is a very nice car and I had truly hoped that it would go to someone that appreciates "F" bodies.
Thanks so much for the inquiry and I'm more than happy to answer any questions about the car, just not particularly fond of communicating by typing, would much prefer a phone conversation.
Thanks for allowing me to place my ad!

fastpen

Reaction score
There is a "You Tube" video available of this car at: 1979 Dodge Aspen N/SA Drag Car
Thanx!
(P.S. That's not me trying to drive the car through the garage, it's the former owner.)

Last edited:

fastpen

Reaction score
It's got Wildwood discs on the front, so it's got stopping power, and his garage is pretty long, but even so, he's a trusting soul.

Thanks for posting the video, my attempt was unsuccessful.
Sounds like you have a very nice ride with your Barracuda!
Sorry to hear about the Volare rusting away.

Enjoy it while you can!

fastpen

Reaction score
There is a Volare wagon posted on Craigslist Lake City Fl, check it out when you have a moment!

fastpen

Reaction score
I may consider selling motor and trans from this car if there is someone that is interested in just driveline, I am certainly open to options.
There are also additional small block engine options that I have that we may discuss as well.

Thanx for the ad!

cjd1963

Reaction score
I may consider selling motor and trans from this car if there is someone that is interested in just driveline, I am certainly open to options.
There are also additional small block engine options that I have that we may discuss as well.

Thanx for the ad!
I might be interested in the engine, trans. and converter. What would you sell them for? Thanks, Craig.

fastpen

Reaction score
Hello Craig, started a conversation with you and included package price and phone #.
Thanx for your inquiry.

fastpen

Reaction score
I'll be taking this car "off the market" if I don't have a concrete offer from anyone by the end of this weekend.
Thanks to those of you that commented about the car and perhaps we'll cross paths down the road as we move forward with our
F body projects!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back