This is cool!

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I was at the U. S. Nationals in 79 and I thought her car was blue not white.

4speedjim

Reaction score
That is a very cool car. Good back story you just cant buy. Sounds like a lot of coin, for what it is. Would like more info. on the car. Not a bio of the owner. It would change its perceived value. Theres a lot to talk about, axle, motor, weight, et. etc. It is a unique race car, for $30k. Its this, or a new Challenger sxt? That makes it a little easier to swallow.

9secRR

Reaction score
it's a wicked car with history but i don't think it's a $30K car in the MOPAR world. any other body style (A,B,and E)and it's worth it to the so called MOPAR community. F bodys still don't get recognized which is a shame.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
The history is great but the price is nuts. As a kid I thought JL was the best, loved her Hemi Cuda and even now I think she was hot. But cars are cars and Fbody race cars that were cool 40 years ago and still are just dont bring the $$$$. I personally would love to have the car but it's only the history that has value, not the car.

4speedjim

Reaction score
I agree with you on everything. She as always been an attractive and strong woman. One of the best drivers of her time. And ya, that's an awful lot of money for her Bio, so you would have to park and polish it. The money sure isn't because of the car. Is it an $8000 car?

shadango

Reaction score
As far as the "value" goes....why is ANY car worth more than its value in melted down metal and scrap?

UNLESS YOUR CAR IS APPRAISED, its not worth any more than blue book to a court in the US.

And even then it can be questioned.

I am a huge fan of the Peoples Court (ok ok , no jokes please) and I see the judge hear cases where a guys prized possesion is his old car ...tip top shape, but 20 years old. To the judge its just a 20 year old car. Insurance companies see it the same way.....with regular insurance my 'Cuda would be worth NOTHING to them.

In the market, something is "worth" what someone is willing to pay.

I watch those Mecum auctions all the time and just shake my head at what some people will pay for one car but other cars barely make it out of the basement in bids.

This is a collectors piece. Collectors are who end up affecting the "value" of our cars.

All of us remember 30 or 40 years ago.....ebodies were a dime a dozen and sat rotting...couldnt give them away. Some folks decide they want to have ebodies again, and collectors catch wind of that and viola, the cars are now "worth" something.

I hope collectors and "car guys" ignore the F body for a while longer....as ling as thats the case, parts cars will still be out there somewhere. Try finding an ebody parts car anymore. Graveyard Cars pretty much killed THAT imho. LOL

volare 77

Reaction score
The was a article on that car and Judy in one of the mopar magazines some years ago. I think the car has been up for sale off and on for many years. IMO, $30K is not a realistic asking price but there are many cars out there with over priced asking prices so why not a Volare or Aspen? Seems to me someone is trying to unload it and not lose money on it.

Locomotion

Reaction score
I'm curious if it's all still legal per rules from when it was raced and how fast it is now. It might be worth more as a race car than a collector car. But NHRA did make the indexes for Stock & SS .3 faster since then and with all the rule changes, it would be down on HP compared to current combos. Some Stock class cars are fast enough to run a bit under their corresponding SS indexes!

Back