THROTTLE BRACKET

CM360

Reaction score
Just finished revamping my 318-4 manifold. Made 12+ HP with a 650 Holley before the mods. I now need to bolt on a TQ to be legal. I have no throttle cable bracket and the Holley won't work. 73-74 340/360 bracket work? Saw them on Mancini's.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I found two different brackets at Mancini Racing
72-74 340 360.PNG

https://www.manciniracing.com/mathcamobr3.html
This one is for the one-piece design kickdown linkage (or the term I use for it). The two upper holes holds a “C” shaped link or pivot point for the long rod that goes to the transmission. The One-piece link will work with either A727 or A904/A998/A999 transmission types, but my experience is only 1 of 10 FMJ cars have the production tolerances to allow that design work fine without the rod hitting the firewall (so 9 of 10 chance of it not working on A and FMJ bodies).

68-73 340.PNG

https://www.manciniracing.com/reenthbr.html
This is the A and FMJ version bracket that will work.

Oddly this kit doesn’t include that bracket https://www.herbsparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=34014B3P . It is also quite pricy. Also, not mentioned, it will only work on the A727 version, for the lower bellcrank is placed outwards more so, so the middle and lower link are bent differently.

A final note. The lower picture shows where the throttle cable is attached, is bent at an angle. That is so the throttle cable will not be at an angle. A person can use the 2-bbl bracket but must bend the bracket in a similar fashion for the cable to attach correctly.
BudW

CM360

Reaction score
Bud, you have done it again. Gave the right advice in a timely fashion. Don't need the shifter linkage since this 904 is a MVB. Thanks again!

slant6billy

Reaction score
We took the small block bracket and a 2nd unknown bracket with the clamping nut. We cut the unknown one down and drilled a hole to stack it on the factory bracket. By cutting a drilling that unknown bracket it gave the perfect position for the Hollet street Demon car, regular holley and the Carter with the 1 inch carb spacer. The cable was dead on and not yanking weird.

Camtron

Reaction score
We took the small block bracket and a 2nd unknown bracket with the clamping nut. We cut the unknown one down and drilled a hole to stack it on the factory bracket. By cutting a drilling that unknown bracket it gave the perfect position for the Hollet street Demon car, regular holley and the Carter with the 1 inch carb spacer. The cable was dead on and not yanking weird.
Could you post a photo of what you’ve done? I have a 625cfm Demon and Edelbrock intake sitting in the garage. Have been trying to figure out the best conversation for linkage and brackets on a 89 Fixth Avenue, as I have the factory 2barrel installed still. Thanks for any help

Back