WANTED Tilt Steering Column for an Early J Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

4speedjim

Reaction score
Is this for a column shift or a floor console. An M with shifter on column are easy and plentiful. Is it a Corinthian Cordoba or is it a little this and that?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The J-body is a bit different from the M-bodies, I’m told, where the dash attachment is at.
Also different from the R-body because of the floor attachment.

I have heard (but not sure if true) there are 4 columns made for the J-body:
Column shift automatic
Column shift 3-speed manual (not seen one, but was told they exist)
Console shift automatic
Console shift 4-speed manual (again, not seen one, but told they exist) – which is different from the automatic console shift version because of the ignition interlock linkage, or lack thereof).

Then there are electrical plug in differences over the years - but in most cases that is a fairly easy fix.
BudW

kkritsilas

Reaction score
There are NO factory J body manual transmissions of any type, at least in North American cars. I don't know if there were any made in/for Mexico (they are a number of oddball cars made for that market).

65 Dartman

Reaction score
Is this for a column shift or a floor console. An M with shifter on column are easy and plentiful. Is it a Corinthian Cordoba or is it a little this and that?

It's for a column shift going in a 47 Dodge with a heavily modified M Body (around 85 vintage) under dash harness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back