Trailer hitch

Logan

Reaction score
Anyone know where one can find a trailer hitch for a 78 Lebaron wagon. It's a F body.
I currently have one bolted to my bumper but it's not strong enough for anything but the lightest tows.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Sounds like something that gets fabricated 3/8 plate and 2" square tube.

Logan

Reaction score
That is likely the final solution but I'm not in a hurry so maybe one will come up.

volare 77

Reaction score
Try autozone for the hitch. They showed some when I did a search. Drawtite sells a universal hitch also.

Kermit

Reaction score
I have one on my 79 Aspen Wagon that I'm never going to use, seems pretty sturdy. Still installed because its hot outside and I'm lazy. But money motivates. Let me know if you are interested and ill snap some pics.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Kermit --
I believe we are members of the same club (its hot outside and I'm lazy)... I kinda draw the line at 'money motivates' cause that would conflict with my membership in 'The Nearly Official Procrastinators Club'... I'm pretty sure I eventually mailed in the membership application....

lol
JW

Logan

Reaction score
Kermit --
I believe we are members of the same club (its hot outside and I'm lazy)... I kinda draw the line at 'money motivates' cause that would conflict with my membership in 'The Nearly Official Procrastinators Club'... I'm pretty sure I eventually mailed in the membership application....

lol
JW
Thanks for the universal hitch suggestions. I found some of those on craigslist for cheep that I could test fit without getting to invested.
I would definitely be interested in the hitch from the Aspen. I'm looking for a hitch that mounts above the bumper line so all but the ball mount receiver shows. If you got that I could probably come up with enough dough to jeopardize your procrastinators club ranking. Pictures would be great.
What color sun visors are you looking for?

Kermit

Reaction score
These pictures suck, but they give you an idea. Its 106° and too bright to get good pics or lay on the hot asphalt!

20180716_110722.jpg

20180716_110706.jpg

20180716_110618.jpg

20180716_110612.jpg

Logan

Reaction score
106!
Holy shit!
Procrastinators club membership must be at record enrollment.
I'm going to pass on that hitch because it shows so much.
Thank you for posting the pictures.

Kermit

Reaction score
106!
Holy shit!
Procrastinators club membership must be at record enrollment.
I'm going to pass on that hitch because it shows so much.
Thank you for posting the pictures.
106 is mild for these parts. No problem, it will probably stay on the car forever now.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Under 1200 loaded so you don't need breaking on trailer. As heavy as the rear bumper assembly is I don't think there's a problem using the bumper itself as a hitch in part, a Bolton hitch to the bumper should be more than fine.

Logan

Reaction score
Under 1200 loaded so you don't need breaking on trailer. As heavy as the rear bumper assembly is I don't think there's a problem using the bumper itself as a hitch in part, a Bolton hitch to the bumper should be more than fine.
My current hitch is bolted to the bottom of the bumper and has an unnerving amount of flex to it. I think that if I come up with a better way to attach it to the bumper it should, as you said, be more than fine. Thanks for weighing in.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I didn't realize the link to the hitches I posted was for universal fit, which means like anything else called "universal" they won't fit a darn thing. I assumed they were F/M/J body specific.

Miradaman

Reaction score
Try your local UHaul dealer. They do custom hitches for most anything.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Fabricators don't like hitches because they're over used, misused and abused, with liability what it is today nobody wants to be on the hook.

Back