Unleaded Fuel Decal

DCAspen

Reaction score
When did Chrysler start putting the unleaded fuel only decal on the 1/4 panel above the gas cap? 1977?Show me some examples and a build date. Thanks DCAspen

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
20180425_175544.jpg

This picture was taken, just now.
It appears to be level with body line, but not trim (under cap).

Build date is November 11, 1976 (11/11/76) at 10 minutes after 11 (11:10am). Somewhere in our forums is a picture of my door sticker showing the production/build date. The picture is not on my work computer any longer.

As to when the stickers were placed on car – I’m not sure. I would presume it to be on most all ABCFMJ&R cars with catalytic converters.
I can't wait to remove that sticker.

Yes, the car has the incorrect gas cap on car. I have lost my original (metal) and my spare (plastic) cap just in the last two months . . .
BudW

volare 77

Reaction score
My 76 volare had one on it. I remember trying to peel it off when I was a youngster. For some reason I want to say 75 was the first year for catalytic cars.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
The above posted is correct, even the corvette started getting them in 75.

And if you look at every 75 pre production Aspen/Volare photo car including the press release cars used in the COTY in motor trend photo shoots and as well as the very early dealer brochures its present.

The question one might ask is when did they start full time putting it on the speedo script vs the little bezel sticker, which isnt that hard to figure out either.

I recall your fender tag from the ebay listing and it would be safe to say the outer sticker by the filler tube and the speedo script is all youd have.

51.jpg

R12 (2).JPG

R12.jpg

DSC00038.JPG

DSC00039.JPG

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Smiles – I don’t have a problem with theft.
I have a problem that there is no strap to keep cap attached to car when I fill the tank.

I have been placing the cap on roof of car (and then, um, forgetting . . .).

EBay just provided me with a locking gas cap, as well as a NOS metal (chrome) and NOS plastic cap. The latter two, I need to get painted to match car and save ‘em for car shows.

Actually, what I have on car now, is part of the NOS chrome cap, which I took apart. The metal needs to be de-chromed and prepped for paint.
BudW

DCAspen

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys,I knew I would get my answer quick on here,On the speedo thing,76 speedo's have nothing on them,77 ones have the Unleaded fuel only stenciled on the face.
001.JPG

DCAspen

Reaction score
Canada/euro speedo,no room to fit the unleaded fuel only stencil on it

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of export vehicles (not sure about Canada) were built without cats and could use Regular (Regular (w/lead), not todays Regular).
BudW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Export and mexican, non police, non certified. Odd PN.

I will post a cert 200, got to dig it out. I do have one export f but will probably never get to it to make it nice.

Not the one in this pic, but its heater delete also.

dodge-valiant.jpg

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Bud

Thats some of the reason for the oddities, the silly 75/76/77 transition years.

How do you quote something on this flippin site, althing it might be my old computer.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Im just amazed why they had so so so many different parts on the f-s, unheard of today and confusing as to the older dealer techs at the time.

Export, well mexican, non police, non certified. Odd PN.

I will post a certified 200km one, didnt even the sticker version of the canada on have certified on it?

Heres a mexi dart 200 non cert. Well now it says error uploading, I will try again.

9-Odometer.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
There are two and one half ways to quote.
The easiest way is to push the quote button (red arrow, below).
Quote A.jpg

The second say is to highlight the text you wish to quote (red arrow, below).
Quote B.JPG

The next step is to page down to “reply” box, and push the “quote” button (red arrow, below).
Quote C.JPG

Then a window pops up to select which quote (there can be several to choose from). If only one choice is available, then click button (black arrow).
Quote D.JPG

The one/half version is once quote is in your “reply” box, you can edit it, before posting (blue arrow).
Quote E.JPG

I do caution that if you edit someones quote, please make note as to what and why it was edited for (spelling, fact correction, etc.)!
Now to shorten the quote, without other edits, that is OK to do.

If this didn’t help, please let me know.
BudW

Back