Vein Ablation

Justwondering

Reaction score
I haven't been posting much.
Healthcare issues with hubby.

Today was the big day to have the major superior (topside) vein in his left leg ablated (lasered) so it would collapse completely.

Should ease the pain in his leg, excessive swelling and spontaneous bleeding.
Two weeks of recovery and hopefully things will be back to near normal.

I did sit in the 5th avenue for about 30 minutes yesterday, nice and quiet, and thought about the upcoming tie rod installation. I just need to hold off for 48 hours til we complete the first followup visit.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Come on Becky Sue, you fix everything else, fix the R-Man!:) I am sure there is a cardiovascular repair forum you can join on the Net.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Good luck and you stay well .......... your hubby needs you and you're the best !! .......... My troubles with the heat these last few years was diagnosed as blockages around the heart .... I have a decision to make, after 30yrs. of T1 things are finally catching up and trying to take me down ... growing old is JUST better than the alternative.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Nearly four in the morning and finally got him settled and resting. Now I'm too wired to go to sleep. Looks like I'll have time to catch up on the forums. You folks have been busy lately.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Good review on the 48 hour check up.
Wait another 7 days for the next one.

Meanwhile, after all this trials and tribulations this week, what does my husband ask me this morning?

'How long does it take to swap out the tie rods on the 5th Avenue? Can we take it to the next doctor visit?'

Lordy, lordy.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Good news. Doctor was pleased with recovery so far
Pain in ankle and thigh should ease off in two weeks
Can move from 24 hours a day of compression hose to 12 hours a day and go to the knee highs

Much easier for me to get on him. Yea!

Looks like he gets to keep walking the earth. No wheelchair yet. Thank the lord.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Very glad to hear your good news. Your husband is a lucky man to have you by his side. Nothing like health issues to put things into perspective. Cars are fun, health is everything. Wishing you and your husband continued good luck.

Back