Vintage Air: air conditioning systems

JohnRogers

Reaction score
Anybody use Vintage Air aftermarket air conditioning systems? It appears they don't have an F-body kit like for other Mopars.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people using the Vintage Air systems and all of them like it.

Being that FMJ-bodies are “forgotten” by part supplies - I doubt they will make a kit for our cars. Hopefully I’m wrong on my opinion.
BudW

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice find!
That is not a complete assembly, though. It is either missing the condenser and/or the evaporator case. That looks like the evaporator core – but it needs some kind of housing to go into.

By the way, I have worked on a lot of those “add-on” A/C cars before. They do not look right Also, they are more difficult to perform a lot of under hood or under dash repairs.
Also, they do not work as well as a factory A/C system does (but better than nuttin’)

I cannot recommend installing "that type" of A/C to a non-A/C car – but will support you, if you do.

That kit is way over price (IMO) – but if you were considering using it, I would want pictures of all parts of the system, verified to be there – first (using the parts list, as pictured).

I think a person could find all of the parts, used, from a fellow member and/or salvage for a lot less $.
The next step – which might be the hardest, is to modify the firewall (add new holes and subtract old holes).
BudW

DCAspen

Reaction score
I agree with Bud,A lot of work to switch over from a non-AC car

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
It is work – I will say, that is true.

It is better to start off with an A/C car (or non-A/C) to begin with, but sometimes that can’t be helped.

I do have plans on changing my wagon to A/C (the ’80-89 version) in time – for I also have other chassis modifications to make: convert from 18” to a 26” wide radiator and transmission tunnel changes for 5-speed (or 6-speed) manual conversion.
BudW

Back