Volare Coupe Slant Six $12K

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Yep, I've seen that coupe on HMN for a while. Very nice coupe (except for the painted on music bars - who wants to remember that awful Volare song?!), but quite pricey IMO. Still, give the F's some more years yet as they are becoming more rare and more desirable, and eventually the price will go up.
61404308-770-0@2X.jpg

61404706-770-0@2X.jpg

61404310-770-0@2X.jpg

78VOLAREWAG

Reaction score

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Give the F's some more years yet as they are becoming more rare and more desirable, and eventually the price will go up.

Im very doubtful thats gonna happen, folks have been saying that for the last 15-20 years and the ebay parts keep going up and the watched cars of good quality that sell keep going down.

Last edited:

Motorhead80R/T

Reaction score
The F body is a Niche car,, As much as I`ve enjoyed the ones I have owned,76, 2 77`s and my 80, they never really took off then, and prob never will. But i`m a fan and always will be

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Yep, I think they are underappreciated for sure. But, I still think that over time, they will continue to gain in popularity, if only because they continue to get older and more unusual. In a way it's a shame that they may get more pricey, because it will make it more difficult to get bargains and deals on cars and parts. That's one reason why I have bought a couple "parts cars" to stock up on so many parts. Never know, for example, when the hatch could get dented, BUT, I have another one!
Personally, I'm not really very concerned about any "investment" aspect of owning my Aspen wagon, that would take so much of the fun out of owning it. I don't want to worry about how much it will be worth whenever, or how much (within reason) that I put into it because it is purely a toy for me, It is one thing that I deliberately DON'T want to worry about. The whole point of owning OY for me is just to have some fun. I like the fact that F's are not hugely popular, somewhat rarely seen, and are also something of a challenge to find parts for. I also like that bargains can still be found. And, it's also fun that my friends and family don't seem to ever quite "get it" with my fascination with the Volare/Aspen.

Back