Volare drag car on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Contact seller
http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/5170111356.html

From the single picture in the ad, looks like a decent car. It's over in the Fox Valley area (like 100-120 miles from here) or I'd go have a look at it just because. Not a bad price even without an engine.

From the description it might take a good bit of work to make it a street car again.

Last edited:

72Dodge

Reaction score
&*(#$*&*^@#*&$^*#@^$*&!!!!!

I drive through Van Dyne all the time. In-laws live about a mile from there. I've never seen that car there. There's only maybe 100 people in that town, tops. Anyway... this looks like a great deal, wish I had the $ right now!

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
That looks like a hell of a deal. Not trying to be a downer or anything, just remember....pics make anything look good and it's sold without a title. That can make things difficult if your going to put it back on the street.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'd never heard of Van Dyne, just figured it was near Appleton somewhere (Appleton CL).

Definitely a picture can make something look WAY better than it LOOKS good.

In Wisconsin, getting a new title isn't a real hug deal, especially for anything over 20 years old or so. It's best if the current owner gets the replacement before the sale but it can be done with the bill of sale also, just takes longer. Basically a State Patrol officer verifies the VIN and it get's checked for being reported stolen. Then fill out the paperwork, pay the fee and get the new title. There's a little more to it than that but it's not SO bad.

I do believe a car like this would need inspected by a State Patrol before being issued plates for street use. They check that it has all equipment required for street use (lights, wipers, parking brake, GLASS windows,etc.)

Last edited:

72Dodge

Reaction score
No one has ever heard of Van Dyne! LOL Believe me when I say I'm exaggerating about 100 people there, tops. It's pretty much just the houses on the main country road, then a couple short side streets. One little general store that basically just sells fish bait and beer! (Not that I'm criticizing that, I mean, what more does a guy really need?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back