Volare Update

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well the mighty Volare is running like a champ and I've been driving and tweaking....but she's come light years.
Just gotta deal with this save the environment nightmare on it that they refer to as an exhaust. Other than that it's rock 'n roll

So....I'm driving around on the whitewalls the old timer had on there till they went south...I don't know how long he had these things on there....dry rot. Tire split right open...I was looking at steel cords.

So....now I need instant rubber.....
Well..wouldn't you know I just bought a set of cop wheels for my Caravelle....so where are those rims now?
On the damn Volare.
But wow ....what a diff a set of wheels does.
The wife loves the look of course so I might be shopping for more rims......oh well.
As you can see by exhibit A
The car looks great with the factory caps and whitewalls.
Vol 11.jpg

Vol 11.jpg

Erics5th

Reaction score
Looks good. Depending on the size of the tires, you may need a new speedometer pinion gear to put in the transmission so the speedometer is accurate again. Just type in Mopar speedometer gear chart in Google and you can find what you need.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Looks good. Depending on the size of the tires, you may need a new speedometer pinion gear to put in the transmission so the speedometer is accurate again. Just type in Mopar speedometer gear chart in Google and you can find what you need.

Thanks Eric. :icon_super:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Yep that is up a notch. Now, maybe a 295 50 R15 BF T/A on the back. Coupes always have a nice "pop" with nice fat rubber under them. That is definitely a sharp 80 coupe

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yep that is up a notch. Now, maybe a 295 50 R15 BF T/A on the back. Coupes always have a nice "pop" with nice fat rubber under them. That is definitely a sharp 80 coupe

Thank you Sir,
I like that idea on this and my Caravelle.
I got it for the wife but I wind up driving it a lot
It's really grown on me.
Very cool lines on it....needs to lose the cat and do some exhaust work
That'll at least bring it up to Caravelle standards.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
She's a sweetie.
For a north of the border car it's in remarkable shape.
Rails and pans are immaculate.
The old timer did a great job looking after the body
Not so good with the engine but I've got that straightened out and she's running great now.
It'll have to wait till next spring but I can't wait to clean up a little surface rust in a couple of small spots and get some new paint on her.

alfatar

Reaction score
Looks good. What color are you going to paint it? I know pink because it is a girl car. It would also keep you out of the damn thing so your wife can drive it:toothy10:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Looks good. What color are you going to paint it? I know pink because it is a girl car. It would also keep you out of the damn thing so your wife can drive it:toothy10:

Color is her call not mine.
If the interior wasn't red I'm betting it would be plum crazy
She loves that color but with a red interior....maybe not.

And hey....she can drive it all she wants...it's her car
But I told her...if you don't drive it....I will.

Back