Want to Buy Volare Roadrunner or Dodge aspen R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a complete car within 100 miles of Kansas City. The car must be rust free or had the rust repaired. Would like it to be a running car, if at all possible. Any engine trans combo is ok. Will pay a decent price for the right car. I do not have internet so I have to visit my local library, and I don't do that every day. Please feel free to PM me with pics.

Thanks, bill

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Ok well then ,hmmmmmm a rust free 40 yr old car ,lmfoa ,well if you save up the amount it would cost for internet access for a few yrs there are some survivors to be had ,but look at about a 10 k price tag on it min depending on the car ,,a basic plain jane volare slant 6 low optioned bench seat with min rust you can get for about 3k ,now if you dont mind some rust ,,same plain jane car $600

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Newton, KS....

http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-for-sale/1977-plymouth-volareroadrunner-newton-ks-234566913

Fayetteville....

http://fayar.craigslist.org/cto/4813176273.html

These are just two that popped up in a search.
You might have to branch out a bit.
Unless someone close to you who sees this ad has one...
The first car is nice but it says done right?. I question that ,after that motor has been tricked out ,no brake booster ? Wtf im missing something here obviously ? ,maybe to many beers

alf44

Reaction score
looks like there was no room for the booster with the big block valve covers

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Ok well then ,hmmmmmm a rust free 40 yr old car ,lmfoa ,well if you save up the amount it would cost for internet access for a few yrs there are some survivors to be had ,but look at about a 10 k price tag on it min depending on the car ,,a basic plain jane volare slant 6 low optioned bench seat with min rust you can get for about 3k ,now if you dont mind some rust ,,same plain jane car $600

The first car is nice but it says done right?. I question that ,after that motor has been tricked out ,no brake booster ? Wtf im missing something here obviously ? ,maybe to many beers

I've found when you're dealing with these cars.....
It seems to go something like this....

You can find plain janer's for a descent price in pretty good shape.
As far as Runners and R/T's....buyer beware.
It's either rough and needs restoring or it's real pretty and a bondo queen.
There are a few true nice ones but they go for semi large money.
And they need to be looked over well.....

I only posted those because that's all I could find in the Kansas area which I also why I said you'd have to branch out.
These cars (as true Runners and R/T's aren't exactly easily available.

ramenth

Reaction score

Nothing wrong with manual disks.

I prefer the harder pedal feel anyway.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with manual disks.

I prefer the harder pedal feel anyway.

I like the feel myself.
Before I got the 2 door Volare for my wife.
I looked at the weirdest optioned 80 Volare I'd ever seen.
Manual everything....floor shift, manual steering and brakes, bench seat.
1 bbl slant.....I really liked it but she wanted nothing to do with it.

furyfrank

Reaction score
First of all if you are only looking a 100 miles from where you are at, good luck you have to expand your search area.

greymouser7

Reaction score
Looking for a... car must be rust free or had the rust repaired. Thanks, bill

Bill these are 40 year old cars that initially were recalled to due to rust. A rust free car is nigh impossible unless you get one from the dessert- & then some surface rust, especially underneath. They put salt on the roads up North...

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Bill these are 40 year old cars that initially were recalled to due to rust. A rust free car is nigh impossible unless you get one from the dessert- & then some surface rust, especially underneath. They put salt on the roads up North...

On top of that....
Finding a car of that description within an hours drive?
Like winning the lottery.....
If you REALLY want one of these cars.....as mentioned you'll probably have to travel.....if you buy that Super Coupe I posted you'd best be prepared to do some work too.....as greymouser mentioned....these are 40 year old cars...

Reaction score
Guys and Gals, I know I am wanting too mush, but I will hold out for the right car. I know that these cars fell apart in one or two years and that they were recalled due to the fact they fell apart. But I can always hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back