Reaction score
Today was a busy day,
rock delivery at estate - 2 -18 wheeler loads,
removed more strand board from the shower,
removed freezer burnt meat to bring home for cooking for dog food,
did laundry and cleaned up after weekend guests,
paid taxes and checked mail,
grocery shopping.

Came home and put up groceries, fixed dinner and relaxed.
Then realized it was dark and I needed to put the goats up. (crazy damn coyotes at night).
Take 2 dogs with me and flashlight and brother to go close the pen gate.

I swear those two dogs found the only skunks out and about tonight. Reeked.

Got the goats up, walked back to the house ( 2 blocks or so) and then spend an hour bathing the dogs 1 at a time in the shower trying not to barf at the stink.

And the whole time I'm thinking, I wasted a perfectly good shower this morning since no matter what I'm going to have skunk funk for the next few days. Its in the grass, its on the wood deck, on the floor in the living room, very faint in the bathroom.

I'm sure when my 'nose blind' wears off it will be worse. I'm out of tomato juice now and used up a quart of hydrogen peroxide as well as about 50 gallons of rainwater.

But at least my hair still looks shiny!
And no, my brother did not stick around to help and no, my husband can't bend over to help, so its just me and the dogs and the shower.

No good deed(s) go unpunished it would appear.
or maybe its a classic ending to this strange and sad little year
or maybe my dad's haunting me since I had just spent estate money to fix the rock road and paid taxes on the same day... he would be complaining to everybody about money leaving his pocketbook if he were still here ...

lol - my life continues to be a hoot!

slant6billy

Reaction score
I rolled in an attic today so I was covered in fiberglass. The shower could not happen quick enough. And then I still had the 2nd half of the day. Gave me some time to upload some video footage of stomping through the junk yards with Gator. Trying to post while the router goes in and out is a losing battle. I'm thinking a soak in the tub at this point.

Justwondering

Reaction score
By far, I don't want your day.
I'll take mine.
Fiberglass filaments are the absolute worst.

If I had a tub, I'd soak as well.

I need a junk yard near me to stomp through. There probably is one, I just don't know about it.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm having a bad day too.
I'm trying desperately not to imagine you in the shower; I'm a married man for crying out loud,lol.
I'd say there is something wrong with me, but I found out in Bible Study classes, there seemed to be the same thing wrong with all the other men in the class. Not a one denied having the same problem. Yeah, I brought up all the sticky topics. Cuz I wanted to know; Am I normal, or am I a pervert, and if a pervert, how do I get rid of it.And if I can't get rid of it, kill me now. Cuz it is written if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out. But I can't see a way of gouging out imagination, so death it would have to be. Well the boys didn't have much to say about that. Good little Christians they were, but no logic in their heads,lol.
Then we have this great Commandment not to commit adultery.And then IIRC it was Paul who said; if you imagine it, then you have done it; and so now I'm going to the Fire.
Chit
That's a BAD day.

So that's it! no more shower talk!

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Your using your mind not your eyes, try gouging that out!

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
My wife has an inside dog.
But he's rather large at 66 pounds. She calls him Georgie.
He needs his daily exercise. He runs 2 to 6 miles, I kindof let him choose how far according to his moods, but try to maintain a weekly minimum of about 10 miles in winter, more in summer.My wife and I share the duty, according to how our schedules allow.
Well late last summer he was bombing along, in the ditch,ahead of the car, next to a cornfield, He was blistering along at about 85% of his maximum, in the long grass, grass just tall enough to conceal a clueless skunk. Then I saw it happen. As their paths crossed,Georgie jumped straight up like a deer, crash landed, shook his head and kept on burning rubber. I never saw the skunk. About a half mile later, his run came to a close, and I saw poor Georgie foaming at the mouth, and of course that pungent aroma came wafting on the breeze. Georgie had no idea what hit him.And I was scrambling for what to do.
Well I was on company time, in the company truck, so he had to ride in the back; which was a new thing for him. But He's a good dog, and does what he's told.
We got home, and I tied him up outside, and went to the local convenience store for the tomato juice.Which they didn't have. But they did have Clamato. Right I'll take two please. And off I went.
Well this day was my wife's day off, and the dog was hers,and I was on company time. So....
See ya later Darlin', and off I went.
6 hours later, when I returned, there he was all shiney and new.....with $16.00 of Clamato Juice all over the lawn. Sniff, sniff, ooo, you missed a spot.
So off to the Vet for some perfume. Georgie spent the night outside, and another. Then, on the third night,he was so excited to come inside again. But he slept in a separate room for several more nights.
And so did I.
Cuz you're right, that stuff is hard to get off, and I wasn't sleeping next to the Mrs for a few nights,lol.
A week later things were back to normal, but we don't run next to cornfields anymore.And Georgie stays out of the long grass. He mightabin unlucky, but Stoopid he ain't.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I love the image of the dog running in the cornfield and you in the company truck... lol

This afternoon, my husband came in and said there is a den under the Dodge. His truck, 95 Dodge 4x4, hasn't been driven in years since his heart spazzed and ejection fraction went to 10%. So something has decided to build a den in the sand under it.

I noticed the tires are flat on the rear now, so he has told me I can finally try pulling it out and cleaning it up to get it running again. His last echo cardiogram showed his function just below 20% which is as good as it will ever be. He wants to drive his truck again since the doctor says his heart has improved. (No, I did not remind him the step in height was just the same and it will still mean a step stool to get into it.)

Warns me about the den and says 'I think the cat has a place under the truck'. ??? The cat? The cat that sleeps in your living room every night? The one we feed every day, have a litter box for and brings me dead packrats? Now why would he need a den under the truck?

How about your black cat looks a lot like the black skunk that has a den under the truck.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Probably a moot point by now but: 1 qt hydrogen peroxide+ 1/4 cup baking soda+ 2 teaspoons Ivory dish soap. I guess it works like champ, even better than commercial skunk odor remover. See, it really does pay to be a Mythbuster's fanatic.

Skunk has nothing on the stench of a totally fried automatic transmission. Trust me. That's a stink that has to wear off of you. Yes, I speak from experience,,,,,,,,,many times.:eek:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Skunk has nothing on the stench of a totally fried automatic transmission
Really burnt ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) does rank right up there with skunk.

Burnt ATF does have an odor to it, but when the transmission is burnt to a "crispy critter", the odor is a good 10 to 100 times as strong.
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's the one's I was referring to. The kind of smell that only a trans that got so hot it almost caught fire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it's an odor that you never forget, even after you've come home from work and scrubbed yourself raw in the shower. It's the gift that keeps on giving, lol.

When I was a Ford dealer tech, I was the one that ended up with most of the auto trans overhauls (and was on flat-rape at the time). I used to call it the smell of money because even on rate, and surprisingly even if it was warranty, you usually came out on the plus side of things. Added bonus if another tech did the remove/install part of it.;)

Back