weatherstripping

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a company out there that makes weatherstripping for our cars. I need the window seals and all the other weatherstripping. Any help would be great!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I would try to go with steel rubber if you can. I have used metro in the past and the seals leaked.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I would try to go with steel rubber if you can. I have used metro in the past and the seals leaked.

That's exactly what I've heard too
I hear the Steele one's are very good.
Metro does have a good selection of by the foot trunk stripping.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Yeah I tried the Metro not implying that all there weather stripping they sale is bad. They carry pretty good rubber but the problem I had with there company was that the top rail window seal corners always leaked for me. And what I did not like about it when I tried to return to them for replacement or refund they would not stand behind warranty. So I use nothing else but Steele's now.

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
Say i go with the seals from the f body, are the dimensions close to the j's or would it all have to be modified to fit?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I would say definitely.
For starters there's no B pillar on an 83 Doba.

I'd think it would be wise to call them and see what the total length of the F body one is just to see if it'll make it.

Last edited:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Will do, I have a friend in the USA I ship all my items to, because the parts I want are rather large I have sitting in his garage I have to bring a pallet over to NZ, its just to expensive to use USPS on the larger items. I currently have sitting in his garage a set of rear fender extensions from replica plastics, addco anti sway bars, I also wouldn't mind and 8.25" diff that bolts straight in if possible, the more stuff I bring the more cost effective it becomes for me, oh yeah I am off topic so will take me a while before I get my weather strip! I don't have enough to fill a pallet yet! But will let you know, down under we are rather inventive to keep our old cars going :)

Have a look here http://www.jcwhitney.com/fairchild-...herstrip-seal/p3039069.jcwx?filterid=d353u0j1

Last edited:

LyonAdmiral

Reaction score
Have there been any new developments in the availability of weather stripping or window molding since 2014/5?

Buck Atwater

Reaction score
Collectors Auto Supply sells the 8 piece kit for Mirada/Cordoba window felts. I bought a set in 2013 but didn't bother using the inners since the old ones were fine.

It doesn't fit all that great as the profile of the metal backing is slightly different than the original, and many of the holes were off, but I did get it to fit and is a lot better than the ragged stuff I had before. It took about 2-3 months to get it though, they must have it made in batches.

8T2TOP

Reaction score
I know parts are HARDz to find and I know they are not cuda chargers etc. But why cant these companies that make these for so many other models they cant make some for J bodys and others? They would sell OUT is it licensing it cant be production?

LyonAdmiral

Reaction score
I know parts are HARDz to find and I know they are not cuda chargers etc. But why cant these companies that make these for so many other models they cant make some for J bodys and others? They would sell OUT is it licensing it cant be production?

What I know for my Model M is it's only the driver side window stripping that is shrinking/drying out, the other windows are fine and I'm really at a loss at what to do, I'm also thinking about getting some black putty or resin. Thoughts?

Back