Weird dash bezel

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Ok, here is something I have never seen. What was the purpose of this version of the dash bezel that has only one vent on the right, and none on the left? I'm stumped. Anybody know?
s-l1600.jpg

It's listed on EB: 1978 1979 1980 Aspen Volare NOS MoPar INSTRUMENT CLUSTER SPEEDOMETER BEZEL | eBay

old yellow 78

Reaction score
All of the bezels that I have ever seen either have both left and right vents on cars with AC, or no vents on cars without AC. This one is strange.

DCAspen

Reaction score
That bezel is for a F-body with upper ventilation system.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Guess no one noticed.
No wiper or defroster switch on the bezel, so lots of delete space.
Good place for aftermarket gauges.

200K speedo too.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Ha! I did notice no wiper switch, so assumed it was an '80 with the switch on the stalk. But, I did not notice the speedo. That must be pretty rare. Is this an ex-cop car? Also, I see that it has the A/C vents on the sides of the glove box, but no A/C control. Just what is the "upper ventilation system"? Is there a third position on the "heat - defrost" lever to direct air out the dash? If so, I really be interested to see a pic of it. I've never seen, or even heard of this, and I thought I knew F's pretty well! o_O

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
You have a Mexican F-body in Canada?
If so, I would like to know more about it.
BudW

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Still don't know what the story is on the weird bezel either. The pic of the Mexican Dart doesn't show A/C, so just how is the "upper ventilation system" activated? On non-A/C cars you only have a choice of defrost, or heater. o_O

DCAspen

Reaction score
M-Body NOS dash bezel with upper ventilation
kp photo 061.JPG
kp photo 064.JPG
kp photo 063.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
That bezel is not that uncommon, just not seen by many. Im sure most have seen all the different part numbers with a general use description on the rear in the plastic, what there is like 12 different ones for our f cars.

Its crazy to me that on ebay they went from the $100 normal for nos here nad there and then FMM and Bill tosses them all out at nearly $300 per unit.

I grabbed 15 or so from my local dealership long ago and wasnt thrilled at $10 per because they were heading to the dumpster.

I pulled a couple out and as mentioned its just part of the upper air vent that some have on them.

Weather slider or push button, both ac and non ac cars could have the upper vent.

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00014.JPG

Back