We're Back! Mopars In May At CSDR, May 19, 2013

ocdart

Reaction score
We're back! Back at CSDR!
Inland Mopars Car Club is hosting our 13th annual All-Chrysler Car and Truck Show & Swap Meet at California School for the Deaf, Riverside.
Save the date! May 19, 2013

img001.jpg
img002.jpg

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Looks like all we get is 75-89 rwd..... Sad when a Mopar club mentions amc but not fmj!?

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Yeah, but you know those pacers and concords are totally bad to the bone............i wonder if i could show a restored yugo?

limedust70

Reaction score
Mopars in May at CSDR

Yeah...
76-89 RWD...
Wonder if that's what your trophy says?

The trophy will say 1st, 2nd or 3rd Place 76-89 RWD. I basically created this category since my 77 Volare wagon was in the 76-up class against Vipers & Prowlers at one of the other major So-Cal shows. They have since changed their class to match ours. Plan on showing up with a FMJ, make sure you pre-register & I might think about changing what goes on the trophy. Otherwise, ......

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Hey, atleast it is a show, benefits a school. Wonder if the AMX3 will be there? It does show up in California shows every so often- Teague's son owns it (I believe he still does), it is something else.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I personally think there should be an F, M, J and R category.
Pretty much every show I've been to..
There's an FM or J and R's too.
Why punk our cars off as "Other" or "RWD"
I'm not saying you personally,
This just seems to be the general treatment our cars get.
Strange too, because a lot of the time, our cars get more attention the the 32nd , Road Runner you see.

You go through all the categories
Best A body,
Best B body, etc,...
Then the guy with the beautiful Aspen or Fifth ave., gets
Best "RWD"
A John Deere is RWD too.

Point being,
We drive F's M's J's (and R's)
We should have a category.
Lord knows there's a few of us...

That being said....
I don't really go to shows to win trophies... Lol...
I'm more bit**ing about the big shows.

Sounds like a great cause, but it's a long haul to Cali for me....

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
220px-AMC_AMX3_Front.jpg
220px-AMC_AMX3_Rear.jpg
So a rambler and Javalin were crossed with a Pantera to get this AMX3

220px-AMC_AMX3_Front.jpg

220px-AMC_AMX3_Rear.jpg

My imp

Reaction score
Seeing as we're "also ran's", we should pay an "also ran" entry fee of only $12.50? Good cause or not, why not just put "Best of those cars with the Funny Torsion Bars" on the trophy? It has a little thought than "76-89 Also Ran's" er a , I mean "76-89 RWD". It's bad enough when we're punk'd by the rest of the industry, let alone our own brethren! Our cars are considerly more difficult to restore due to lack of new parts, aftermarket intrest, & quickly drying up used parts market, than our A-B-E brethren. A little respect is due. No offense, but AMC IS a red-headed step child. Don't get me wrong, I love AMX's, Javelin's, Rebel's, etc.. BUT, your price of admission is hanging onto Jeep's coat-tails. I'd rather have a smaller trophy that said,"Best F", "Best M", "Best J", "Best Y", "Best R", than some gaudy ass POS "Best Also Ran". Not to minimize the charity, but no thanks. Larry

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
I gotcha Cap'n, no offense. Would be nice to have an F,M,J, R category...

And I like AMC's as well and fully understand they are a "Step" child at best. Chrysler didn't buy them in '86 for their cars, that's for sure

slant6billy

Reaction score
"Step" or "illegitimate child" , my ex's brother had a 71 Javelin. Bastard child more like it. Ford front end (Like a Mach1), Mopar trans 727 TF, Mopar 8 3/4 rear, chevy water pump and that was from tha factory that way. AMC was like "All Manufacturers Catch" of parts. The dude hated it when I pointed out the mopar parts of the bastard. His other car was a gremlin that ran 10s. I can't remember much other than that and I'm not exactly on speaking terms with them all. Let's just say they refer to me as the bastard...ha ha ha. Other notable mopars out there: Last year of the Bricklin had a mopar 360, sunbeam tiger tried a 273 mopar- don't know if it fit, Jensen Intercepter had 383/ 440 6 packs in a few. There are a few others running mopar gear. I guess mopar would sell it anywhere- ho.

My imp

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know the answer, just the story (could be urban legend, but if it is, it's a good one!). A company in England was taking FWD turbo Mopar drive trains & turning them N/S in the vehicle. With the addition of an axle, & a driveshaft, they had an effective, quick, light 4x4. I heard they could be used for a mini SUV, sports car, whatever the engineers could dream up. Ma Mopar got wind of it, & out came the lawyers. The company even tried re-man.'d drivetrains, but to no avail! And this was yet another time Ma Mopar was either on the ropes, or purchasing yet another (Lamborghini, Rootes Group, Mitsubishi, etc..) POS car company & could've used the cash. Anyone ever heard this? Or know the company? The story sounds too good NOT to be true. Thanks, Larry

limedust70

Reaction score
Unfortunately we don't get as many FM or Js as you would think So-Cal would have. Have you looked at the flyer for the upcoming Mopars Unlimited of AZ show in January? 60 & up unclassified. Mopars at the Strip doesn't even have a class to cover any FM or J and they have had 500 show cars. A, B, C, E, Race, Street Rod, GenX, etc. A few years ago when there was supposed to be a class I hung around the car all day (required for judging) and no one showed. Asked about it the next day & was told they weren't going to judge it. No F body class. Spring Fling in Van Nuys, also a 500+ show, finally moved the Vipers & Prowlers out of the 76-up RWD class & made it 76-89 RWD. Most cars I have seen in that class is 6, including mine. So I don't feel bad that there is only a 76-89 RWD class. At least there is a class for our cars. And like I said, if there are enough FMJ cars pre-registered I will be more than happy to split the class to accomodate all. We used to have 60+ classes but some of these only had one entry so we eliminated some of the special classes and we still have 45.

My imp

Reaction score
It wouldn't be so bad if every other morphidited, orphaned, POS in existence didn't have their own class. Unfortunately, there's a charity involved, so boycotting isn't the answer. With only (6) entrants, what's the diff? Well I choose whom I support with my $, and if you can't even acknowledge my existence, then why should we acknowledge yours? See everyone at the Nat.'s hopefully. Larry

Back