West Virginia Members - everybody ok?

Justwondering

Reaction score
Any problems we can help folks with in West Virginia. Just saw the news on the death count and its getting pretty high.

Let us know...

Aspen500

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but, what happened in West Virginia? I haven't watched or listened to the news for a few days.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Massive flooding in Kanawha county - 23 dead

I have distant kin in the Big Tyler Mountain area, so I was concerned about folks. I think metallicaman0258 is our most recent west virginian.

slant6billy

Reaction score
There is a few folks on here and Aspen Volare from the WV region. Hope all is well. A year ago, it was us in southern NJ. I was without power for 4 days and never in my life experienced that type of situation. Cell towers were down and getting intouch with folks was impossible. Roads were still blocked for weeks and trees still are layed over to this day. Insurance, FEMA and the government were no help. Folks in the community were the key and even folks outside the area came to help. Our fat ass governor even denied there was an issue. Ignorance was more than abundant. Folks came together. Hopefully, communication gets established- phone, electronic or face to face. I hope to see the WV FMJ'rs at Carlisle in a few weeks. Peace Folks!

Justwondering

Reaction score
slant6billy ... if you find out anything, let me know. Can't get through to my cousins yet.

We helped out quite a few families displaced by Katrina. But its been relatively calm here the past few years.

Back