What a mess

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
So the previous owner decided to fill the chrome that goes along the bottom between wheels .. with ... grease! only problem is that most of the clips are damaged and they were barley hanging on .. and after loosing the pass. side a couple times I foolishly drilled 2 holes to put in screws for safe keeping (it was during a winter cold snap) .. here's the mess I found .. I removed them and think the car looks just fine without them and, I'm going to not use them .. I still have to brush clean with varsol or something but I'm pretty light headed getting to this point and cleaning the mess on the car itself.
before
upload_2016-8-14_11-35-19.jpeg

in progress
upload_2016-8-14_11-38-31.jpeg

after .. but not done

upload_2016-8-14_11-36-21.jpeg

the car without ... I like it!
upload_2016-8-14_11-37-16.jpeg

The original plan was to put a red stripe there with plasti-dip but all they have is a bright red .. so I'll just leave it for now.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Thanks Capt .. I kept everything as I took them off just in case....... these clips were held on with screws? and some were over-tightened and cracked the clips, probably why they were always slipping off .. as I remember it, the clips were installed on little tabs welded to the body ... I don't like the idea of having 10 little holes in such a vulnerable part of the car on either side ... maybe paint the screws back and reinstall with sealer.

droptop

Reaction score
Love those five on five wheels on your car

I agree. Always loved those wheels. Had a set on a 66 300 once. All I would change is to lose the mud flaps. I have never seen the Premier windows on an 80 before. Has to be a low production option.

Back