What Task Have You Done On Your F body That You Hated The Most

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I will start it. I hated removing and replacing the Heater Core Lol.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Heater core?
Yeah....that sucks.
Mine have all been things that are just a pain in the ass.
Like last spring....getting the Volare out of storage.
Rubber return line from the fuel filter gave it up.
Puked gas everywhere....had to change all the rubber and the filter in an underground garage with hardly any lighting.
My buddy was holding his iPhone for me as a flashlight....PITA!!

Mr C

Reaction score
Fixing a broken ignition lock tumbler. Tearing apart and rebuilding the steering column sucks.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Heater core?
Yeah....that sucks.
Mine have all been things that are just a pain in the ass.
Like last spring....getting the Volare out of storage.
Rubber return line from the fuel filter gave it up.
Puked gas everywhere....had to change all the rubber and the filter in an underground garage with hardly any lighting.
My buddy was holding his iPhone for me as a flashlight....PITA!!

Oh I know that feeling all to well not enough light. No matter how much light you seem to have it never seems like enough. Even with reading glasses on. Searching and finding a specific task in the dark with just your fingers completely sucks.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Sanding is tedious,

saving for parts sucks-all that time lost.

Not having that specialized tool...

I know that feeling all to well. Needing a special tool and everything is closed on Christmas Day. Including wally world only day they get a year.

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
welding in the vent holes under the dash....on two cars, once is enough..I have the scars to prove it...that and the passenger door on the hellraiser.

greymouser7

Reaction score
welding in the vent holes under the dash....on two cars, once is enough..I have the scars to prove it...that and the passenger door on the Hellraiser.

-I recommend leather gloves, and safety equipment like welding helmets -love ya much!

The electrical issues would be a close second although greymouser came through with the harness horde lol

If you don't know what you are doing- books/manuals, KNOWLEDGABLE FRIENDS, or just throw parts at the problem!

I strongly, personally recommend Mopar-Jesus...resurrecting all the lazarus-rides bench-pressing daisies from the dirt here in Georgia.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I'm tackling that Heater core in the new year. I've put it off for the obvious reasons. The exhaust was a hard job. Paint was stressful, because you want it to look good. I enjoyed tuning the carb, but hate trying to adjust the distributor.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm tackling that Heater core in the new year. I've put it off for the obvious reasons. The exhaust was a hard job. Paint was stressful, because you want it to look good. I enjoyed tuning the carb, but hate trying to adjust the distributor.

Heater cores and those GM based M body steering columns give me nightmares. :eusa_wall:

Bryan M.

Reaction score
Electrical work, plastic repair work on the dash, and whoever designed the Imperial's grille should've stepped into fast-moving traffic on the Interstate. What a pain in the ass that is to remove. The tool list includes the arms of a four-year-old and a triple-jointed wrist.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Electrical work, plastic repair work on the dash, and whoever designed the Imperial's grille should've stepped into fast-moving traffic on the Interstate. What a pain in the ass that is to remove. The tool list includes the arms of a four-year-old and a triple-jointed wrist.

Lol!!
Sounds like big fun...

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Mine has been the searching for parts and the electric system under dash... man, I could as well try to replace them color- blind since theres all black n red party down there. Not being a racist on this one. Wondering why I blow a fuse on the horn/lighter fuse housing...

9secRR

Reaction score
electrical is not fun. it's almost bad enough to get professionals to do....almost!

tranny blanket is not the best job to do either. 1-7/8'' headers, tranny lines, shifter cable.......all in the way. every 2 years it's got to get replaced.

alf44

Reaction score
worst task??? power brake booster !!!! a real PITA. moved seat way back. crawl under dash and blindly feel for the top 2 nuts, and then find that clip to remove to release the rod to the booster.. all while cramped under dash and smashed against the seat.. with a bad back !!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I vote electrical too....
I have to rip the Volare dash apart to redo all the homemade Frankenwiring done by the previous owner.....not looking forward to it.....

Back