What's it take?

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me about what all is involved in buying a Canadian car and bringing it back to the US? Seems like 98.9% of all J-Bodies are located there...

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Have to change the metric speedometer and metric HVAC controls.
Then you have to change the gas tank from liters to gallons and the oil pan to quarts.
Dunno if you can have metric tires.

You can't carry a gun when you pick it up.

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
What about customs, titles, bill of sale, etc...i had forgotten about the no gun policy...i do have tire irons, big sticks, and logging chains though...i have been to Canada a few times, but didnt buy anything....that they knew about

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I know you can get metric sockets in the USA, but you can't get metric screwdrivers, hammers, adjustable wrenches, saws, etc. in the states.
Might want to grab some when in Canada.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Screwdrivers don't come in metric, unless you are considering allen keys.

All of my J bodies had both MPH and KPH markings on the speedometer. The odometer is in Kilometers, so take that into account when looking at the odometer reading. My semi-automatic AC is marked in Fahrenheit, not Celsius. Sockets are a mix of Imperial and metric (most of the engine/transmission fasteners are Imperial, the body and trim are a mix).

You would have to go out of your way to find non-metric tires.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
Texas thinks everything is big there.....HaH!, they ain't seen our 1kg hammers. and when we put a 1 meter long handle on a 2 or 3 kg hammer, well Texas, look out!
But the thing I think just crushes that bigness thinking is this; Canadians cannot get drunk on a case of Texas sized beer.Maybe not even on 2, cuz; #1 your cans are kid sized, and #2,there's not enough alcohol in a 6-pac to liquor up a cat......

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Canadians cannot get drunk on a case of Texas sized beer.Maybe not even on 2, cuz; #1 your cans are kid sized, and #2,there's not enough alcohol in a 6-pac to liquor up a cat......
American beer is like making love in a rowboat.
Farking close to water.

Don't forget about Canadian metric money.
It's worth @74 cents US and we don't have pennies.

Back