What's This?? Underneath my Fender Tag

David Clark

Reaction score
I've never seen one of these before and found it under my Fender Tag in the Aspen today.

Can anyone Enlighten me to what this is and what it means?? It's kind of Fragile and very
Flexible. Looks like a very thin sheet of Brass maybe.
IMG_2355.JPG

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've seen those tags before but never found out what they were. Not always under the fender tag either. Have seen similar tags on Ford's as well.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That is an inspection tag. A rare little item. I don't know details but I believe an inspector would go over the car going down the line. It would appear your car was inspected by AX.
--- Post updated ---
Chuck's Classic Cars - Mopar, Mopar Parts, Dodge Parts, Jeep Parts, Chrysler Parts, Plymouth Parts, Mopar Performance, Performance Parts
--- Post updated ---
I found this

Before exiting the metal shop fabrication area, every body receives its very own premade fender tag. It is attached to the left inner fender by its forward screw only, then pulled up at its rear. This allows inspector's punches to be impressed on it later, and allows the primers and color coats to be applied under it. (This is not a universal practice on every car or at all plants; sometimes the tag is hung inside the car by a paper clip).

In this article.

How Chrysler Built Cars

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Car was built on a flex line
That tag means when it get to that station, then ask the supervisor.

But in Detroit or St Louis, 'youzz ax da supervisor'.

David Clark

Reaction score
Awesome Article Capt. Very Interesting read and Information. Thanks.
--- Post updated ---
Car was built on a flex line
That tag means when it get to that station, then ask the supervisor.

But in Detroit or St Louis, 'youzz ax da supervisor'.
LOLOL

MBDale

Reaction score
I've got the same thing on mine too. Left it there. Actually I've got the same car as you David.new posts and pictures are coming guys. Just in a work camp right now and will be home Thursday.

David Clark

Reaction score
I've got the same thing on mine too. Left it there. Actually I've got the same car as you David.new posts and pictures are coming guys. Just in a work camp right now and will be home Thursday.

Mine's in really bad shape Body Wise, Frame wise she is in Great Shape. Been taking some progress pictures as I fix it up, not gonna be a full blown restore, but enough to get it Running and Drivable Again.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Lol. That's pretty much what I felt like when I got up this morning and looked in the mirror

Not a full restore just enough to get it going today. He he

David Clark

Reaction score
Lol. That's pretty much what I felt like when I got up this morning and looked in the mirror

Not a full restore just enough to get it going today. He he

Same here. I'm still trying to hold out for Body Transplants. I'll take the Younger Arnold Schwarzenegger Model with the John Holmes Add On Package.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the information Captain I also have that tag and have also always wondered what it was for. Thank You

Back