Wheel Size

CM360

Reaction score
Its one of those deals where if you get it right, your good and if not you're trying to sell a brand new set of wheels because they don't fit. I need to put a 9" slick on my Aspen. 8" rim but the backspace that I calculated is off. Measured and thought that a 4 1/2" backspace would be right. Borrowed a Weld wheel from a friend and its right on the leaf spring and inner tub. Anyone solve this problem?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Best way is get a Percy's WheelRite deal. It's cheaper than buying wheel/tire that won't fit. I bought one and used it on my car and it made size and backspacing easy to figure out with no hoping it's right. To form the wire that simulated the tire, Summit lists all the dimensions of the tires (section width, tread width, sidewall, etc) or also the tire manufacturers site would have it also.

Percy's WheelRite Wheel and Tire Fitment Tools 01201

percys.jpg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I have my springs pulled in and I'm using mopar offset shackles, I use a 15x10 weld 4.5 back space and the 30x10.5 w are at the springs, now if I use a Centerline 15x10 4.5 back space and I gain .5 inch per side. Different wheel Co. measure offsets differently, some use the bead seat ( the one I prefer) and some use the widest lip of the wheel.

CM360

Reaction score
I measured with the Percy gadget and came up with 4.5 BS. Kissing the leaf spring and inside sheet metal. Guess that 4" should work. Don't need to make 2 mistakes.

Back