When Kitcar calls you answer the phone

slant6billy

Reaction score
I don't usually answer the phone. However, the house has one of them talking Caller I D functions. I heard the name and thought "this is important".

Saturday plans just got changed and me a Walley are on a mission to get after a lead on a parts car.

Oh, now what was I doing? Oh yeah, I was in bed with my wife....... whoops!

She really hates it when important car stuff interrupts date night.

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
I see that what you were doing in bed was not a priority. You took time to write this post before returning to bed!

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
It's 11:45. Think I should call you again just to see if I could,
1) wake you
2) tick off mama
3) help her in her quest to hate members north of your location. (Yes you too DC)
4) See if you are really a die-hard.

But in the end we all know you need your beauty sleep. So I'll let this sleeping dog lay........

Cause I think this may be what your dreaming about!!! BRRRRRRRRR
20160805_235408.jpg

THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE!!!

slant6billy

Reaction score
It's 11:45. Think I should call you again just to see if I could,
1) wake you
2) tick off mama
3) help her in her quest to hate members north of your location. (Yes you too DC)
4) See if you are really a die-hard.

But in the end we all know you need your beauty sleep. So I'll let this sleeping dog lay........

Cause I think this may be what your dreaming about!!! BRRRRRRRRRView attachment 16804

THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE!!!

I have not worn spandex since the 80s.... still got them though....leopard print I think

Man...... where did you find that? "it's a superbird.... it's a roadrunner....No, it's Mopar Man"

I

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's a photo from the latest MCG magazine.

Mopar Man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dah, dah,dah, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Aspen500

Reaction score
You seriously never wore spandex, and certainly not leopard print! Say it ain't so!
Then again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you live in Jersey so anythings possible:D

slant6billy

Reaction score
You seriously never wore spandex, and certainly not leopard print! Say it ain't so!
Then again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you live in Jersey so anythings possible:D
Back in the mid / late 80s, I could play 3 chords on a guitar and scream into a microphone. So as a way to meet girls, me and a few other friends had a little formed band. (The Bon Jovi thing was the new Elvis). So my closet was full of Spandex.... oh and athletic protection. I used to steal my older sisters' Aquanet and had my hair standing a foot up off my head. The girls at the local mall were zombies to "Guys in bands". Fortunately for me, my wife ain't one of the zombies. She hates anything with my band days or my guitars..... Then again, she hates my car hobby stuff too.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well OK. We'll allow it then, as you were in an '80's band and that was the style for the '80's hair bands. Plus, whatever it took to meet chicks!

slant6billy

Reaction score
Why does that sound wrong somehow?? :p
Cradled that grille like a new born baby..... Got to clean it up and re-inforce it, otherwise it will snap in half. Wow these 78/79 Plymouth grills are flimsy. The weight of the right and left ends could snap this in the middle if you ain't careful

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Cradled that grille like a new born baby..... Got to clean it up and re-inforce it, otherwise it will snap in half. Wow these 78/79 Plymouth grills are flimsy. The weight of the right and left ends could snap this in the middle if you ain't careful

Good to hear you got it home safe.

I was just getting a one eyebrow raised chuckle over Chris' quote though.......

Enuff bout you spandex love affair. Did you get the goods????

Yikes!!!

slant6billy

Reaction score
Good to hear you got it home safe.

I was just getting a one eyebrow raised chuckle over Chris' quote though.......

Yikes!!!
Which brings me to a list of forum member bad choice of user names:
"Manwearingyogapantz Mopar"....it was my first choice, but it was rejected
"AssDemon"..... for the member who owns both an Aspen and a Demon
"PlymouthrockPilgrimKillr"... I kind of like this one
"Ho Mopar"..... that one can go many different ways
"Dawgsdorkdodge"........ weinermobile mopar style

Aspen500

Reaction score
The '78/'79 Dodge grille's aren't exactly built stout either:eek:

slant6billy

Reaction score
The '78/'79 Dodge grille's aren't exactly built stout either:eek:
I'm going to add some plastic trusses and thicken the top ledge and the bottom ledge.

My plan for a while is to build a jig for F body grilles to restore the plastic. Until some company starts to make the 6 grilles, this is the alternative. That and my kid with her 3 D scanning and printing class at school. So if I can get this looking good to be scanned and reproduced, it will be worth the effort

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
Hope they treated you right when they saw the state of that grille. But I'm glad you made the trip anyway. Was better then me trying to ship that stuff. Hope you got some pics of the rest of the car. Any other good pieces??

Back