Why I hate GM

slant6billy

Reaction score
Too many on the road and I'm always getting side jobs on some GM Chevy POS. They never go easy.

The latest: Brake job on an 06 trailblazer. Caliper on the front passside was bad, owner bought a new one (reman) wrong side. Second one defective right out the box and the third too - crap in the box.
So got a different one from a different vendor. Put some air to to see the pistons move. Put it on the the Master cylinder crapped the bed. Not one bleader screw was the same size. some were metric 10 & 12 mm, some 7/16 and 3/8 and some were ??????

3 stinking hot days and I had to call triple A to get it to a budy's shop to reverse bleed the turd and change the master cylinder.

So that's why I hate GM.............. I lost my MOJO to wrench on this one folks. So I am officially done with wrench'n the rest of the summer.... especially chevys

Master M

Reaction score
Your comment reminds me when I had a 1976 Monte Carlo. I went in to the parts store and when I told the guy what my year,make and model were he said quote" Chevy's are like belly buttons, everybody has one and their always on jack stands " Now there is customer service.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Those Trailblazers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as far as design and engineering goes, they did everything wrong on them. We call them "job security" at work.
Every vehicle make and model has it's common failures or problems but the Trailblazer's common failures and problems are pretty much every single part and system there is. ABS, air bags, wiring, engines (the 6 cyl anyways), trans, steering, suspension, HVAC, brakes and so on.

Back